Thank you so much for the 3rd person view (with HUD)

This forum is the ideal place for all discussion relating to X4. You will also find additional information from developers here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

silveranalyst

Thank you so much for the 3rd person view (with HUD)

Post by silveranalyst » Thu, 11. Apr 24, 18:49

Sorry if this has been posted before. I purchased this wonderful game as I heard I can now see my ships as I fly (functional flight with HUD). I think this is going to be a great addition for people who enjoy seeing their sleek ships more and would utilize this type of view more actively.

Thank you so much EGOSOFT!

Also thank you to the players who convinced me to now jump in. Great community, amazing game.
Last edited by Ketraar on Fri, 12. Apr 24, 13:15, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Moved to general discussion forum

chew-ie
x4

Re: Thank you so much for the 3rd person view (with HUD)

Post by chew-ie » Thu, 11. Apr 24, 21:57

I second that - so awesome. Flying my capital ships now without the need to check back to F1 cam for shields / weapon status. Life is good :)

Still enjoy the bridges / cockpits if I let my captains / pilot taxi me trough the universe.

Spoiler
Show
BurnIt: Boron and leaks don't go well together...
Königinnenreich von Boron: Sprich mit deinem Flossenführer
Nila Ti: Folgt mir, ihr Kavalkade von neugierigen Kreaturen!

:idea: Pick your poison seed [for custom gamestarts]
:idea: Feature request: paint jobs on custom starts

Skeeter
x3

Post by Skeeter » Sat, 13. Apr 24, 10:24

Personally while it's good, they reused the FPS hud and just moved it about a bit, I would have liked to see it's own hud and used the corners and edges for it more as it just looked a bit strange the way it is, thinking more of classic huds from older 3rd person space shooter games.
[ external image ]
7600x cpu 5.4ghz 32gb DDR5 5600mhz 6700XT 32" 1440p mon

mr.WHO
x4

Post by mr.WHO » Sat, 13. Apr 24, 10:56

Yep, I was suprised that after X3 everyone wanted cokpits to come back, but after years of playing X4 we yearn for 3rd person view.

I think that's due to the fact that Egosoft made some ships so beautiful, that they demand to shine best in 3rd peson view :)

GCU Grey Area
x4

Post by GCU Grey Area » Sat, 13. Apr 24, 12:32

Skeeter wrote:
Sat, 13. Apr 24, 10:24
Personally while it's good, they reused the FPS hud and just moved it about a bit, I would have liked to see it's own hud and used the corners and edges for it more as it just looked a bit strange the way it is, thinking more of classic huds from older 3rd person space shooter games.
Agree with this. Although I don't have much interest in using the external view continuously while flying ships (very much prefer the cockpit view for that), I do use it periodically to look around & assess the relative positions of things not in my direct line of sight from the cockpit. Current position of certain elements the external HUD get in the way a bit, often obscuring the things I want to look at. In particular would prefer it if the central cluster of HUD elements (hull/shield gauges, speed, etc) were moved elsewhere, perhaps nearer to the bottom of the screen, in between the radar & info panel showing targeted object stats, etc.

darklead
x4

Post by darklead » Sun, 14. Apr 24, 01:40

A few days ago I created a topic regarding interface improvements in the beta forum. I think you need to write in it so that the developers can see that this is not the opinion of just one person, that the third-person interface needs to be improved.
Link
viewtopic.php?f=192&t=460853
Thanks.
The Earth is the cradle of humanity, but mankind cannot stay in the cradle forever.
-Konstantin Tsiolkovsky

Garack666

Post by Garack666 » Sat, 20. Apr 24, 23:18

Nice to have but i dont like the 3rd person Shield and Hull indicators directly on my ship. can i turn them off?

darklead
x4

Post by darklead » Mon, 22. Apr 24, 15:29

Garack666 wrote:
Sat, 20. Apr 24, 23:18
Nice to have but i dont like the 3rd person Shield and Hull indicators directly on my ship. can i turn them off?
Yes, this should definitely be optional, but at the moment it cannot be disabled.
The Earth is the cradle of humanity, but mankind cannot stay in the cradle forever.
-Konstantin Tsiolkovsky

Buzz2005
x4

Post by Buzz2005 » Mon, 22. Apr 24, 17:14

Would love if we could choose what elements to turn on and off, and yes to the movement of shield/hull bellow. With this options I would remove radar, info panel and guns UI on the left and right, just pure minimalistic UI for fighting

But 3d person view has one big flaw imo currently (hopefully), that it moves when you target something and constantly looks like you are fighting the ship to turn when it switches targets constantly, this is controller flying
Fixed ships getting spawned away from ship configuration menu at resupply ships from automatically getting deployables.

capitalduty

Post by capitalduty » Mon, 22. Apr 24, 20:12

darklead wrote:
Mon, 22. Apr 24, 15:29
Garack666 wrote:
Sat, 20. Apr 24, 23:18
Yes, this should definitely be optional, but at the moment it cannot be disabled.
Optional or at least not that big...its takes away to much screen!

Return to “X4: Foundations”