Station trading rules

This forum is the ideal place for all discussion relating to X4. You will also find additional information from developers here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

31st
x4

Station trading rules

Post by 31st » Mon, 22. Apr 24, 20:08

Hello, just leaving a bit of feedback here
I would love if it was possible to setup a station rule that would for example ban all buying for all wares in the station, but still allow selling.
I understand that it can be set up manually for each ware but when it comes to big *do everything* stations that process is a bit tedious.
As of now you can only restrict all selling and buying AT THE SAME TIME in the station settings with a push of a button, if i understand correct "station supply" refers to drones and missiles only, so it would be nice to have two separate settings for "station trade buying" and "station trade selling" rules

Also if anyone knows a mod that adds this- please send me a PM :D

Koizuki

Re: Station trading rules

Post by Koizuki » Mon, 22. Apr 24, 20:17

31st wrote:
Mon, 22. Apr 24, 20:08
if i understand correct "station supply" refers to drones and missiles only
This is incorrect, though the wording is sort of strange so I can understand why you might think that.
"Station Supply" means buying -- supplying the station with goods.
"Station Trades" means selling -- trading goods from the station with others.

What you can do is go to your station information tab and select a Station Supply rule to limit to yourself, and leave Station Trade rule "No restriction," or to whatever other rule you want (for example, only yourself + TEL, or something.)
I have my trade station logistics network set up this way so that they are only supplied by my own stations, but anyone can buy stuff from them unless I manually override them individually (because I need them temporarily for a terraforming mission, or something.)

Edit 2:
Above information is incorrect, please disregard.
Last edited by Koizuki on Tue, 23. Apr 24, 01:38, edited 1 time in total.

31st
x4

Post by 31st » Mon, 22. Apr 24, 20:26

Koizuki wrote:
Mon, 22. Apr 24, 20:17
31st wrote:
Mon, 22. Apr 24, 20:08
if i understand correct "station supply" refers to drones and missiles only
This is incorrect, though the wording is sort of strange so I can understand why you might think that.
"Station Supply" means buying -- supplying the station with goods.
"Station Trades" means selling -- trading goods from the station with others.

What you can do is go to your station behavior tab and select a Station Supply rule to limit to yourself, and leave Station Trade rule empty, or to whatever other rule you want (for example, only yourself + TEL, or something.)
I have my trade station logistics network set up this way so that they are only supplied by my own stations, but anyone can buy stuff from them unless I manually override them (because I need them temporarily for a terraforming mission, or something.)
Are you sure? Because when i set station supply to only buy from my own faction it does not affect actual wares at all, only parts that are required for drones, and when i set trade rule to only buy from my own station that affects both selling and buying of my wares, i check that via logistics tab.
https://i.imgur.com/0HqK5YF.png
https://i.imgur.com/QSEkEky.png
Here are the examples

Koizuki

Post by Koizuki » Tue, 23. Apr 24, 01:36

Okay, I am back on my PC now and can check properly. In doing so, I can concede that you are probably correct; I'll edit my previous post to note this.

I set up all my trade stations and rules about 3 months ago, but I did remember reading that Supply was buying and Trade was selling, and accepted it as that back when I was originally looking into this, but I just checked all my trade stations and realized that I did, in fact, override every ware's Buy Order manually to limit to myself. It's been long enough now that I don't remember why I did that, but it's probably exactly the issue being described here. This is, unfortunately, the problem with this game's lack of a centralized and properly-updated wiki, as everything is reliant on Google searches that bring up conflicting information, or outdated information accepted as true.

31st
x4

Post by 31st » Tue, 23. Apr 24, 23:38

I agree, the lack of a wiki is an issue too, even checking weapon stats is hard and most of the time the information is not formatted properly. For such a huge game its very strange. My main concern is the UI tho, its very hard to find the buttons you need.

CBJ
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by CBJ » Wed, 24. Apr 24, 00:14

Just to correct a couple of points, there is a Wiki, and weapon stats are all available in the in-game Encyclopedia.

Koizuki

Post by Koizuki » Wed, 24. Apr 24, 00:27

I did not know that there was that wiki. The last one I had bookmarked was this one which went down some time ago, so I assumed the wiki was just dead and stopped trying to access it.
It appears that it now redirect to the new one? Had no idea and didn't remember to check since I didn't know if it was ever coming back at the time.

The in-game encyclopedie does have the raw numbers, which is good for what it is, but honestly it's really awful at comparing everything at once, so I often refer to Roguey's website for this purpose, which has everything listed with calculated theoretical DPS values for more direct comparisons.

Return to “X4: Foundations”