V1.21 BUG Cockpit Door Closed Permanently

Ask here if you experience technical problems with X4: Foundations.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

LeeObee

V1.21 BUG Cockpit Door Closed Permanently

Post by LeeObee » Thu, 6. Dec 18, 21:52

As of the version 1.21 i am unable to open the teleporter doors on the bridge of my ship to leave, Space Suit or docked... the NPC captain seems to no clip though it and it wont open and allow me though...

Here is my save.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1If3Q8a ... sp=sharing

jkarsten
x4

Re: V1.21 BUG Cockpit Door Closed Permanently

Post by jkarsten » Fri, 7. Dec 18, 02:28

Hey same thing here for me. Just updated to 1.21 323806. I am unable to teleport to any other ships or stations. I can go to my dock area but the door to the bridge is closed.

Version and language (e.g. 1.0 English, etc.). 1.21 323806
Whether or not your game is modified using any third party scripts or mods (see note below). No mods
Game start being played. Explorer
Exact nature of the problem, where and when it occurs and what you were doing at the time. I kept moving ships near my HQ because I couldn't talk to other crew besides the captain to make manager of the HQ. I couldn't teleport to any ships at this point either. I kept upgrading the teleport research and moved ships 1 2 3 and in my system. Still couldn't teleport. So finally i landed my Gorgon at the station and talked to a crew on the bridge to become manager. Then I went to the office and came back to my ship. Now the cockpit door will not open. So now i can not pilot my Gorgon, or teleport anywhere.
Any possibly relevant changes you have made to your game, system, or software before the issue occurred. 0 drive updates ... I am unsure if Windows updated recently.

Where appropriate, additional symptoms, error messages, links to screenshots and crash dump files (see this FAQ entry).
Your system specifications in the form of a DxDiag report and vulkaninfo (see this FAQ entry).
The game keeps running no crashes or errors.
I have generated the files but I'm not sure how to attach them here? Should I do like the OP and share via google drive?

boogieman335
x4

Post by boogieman335 » Fri, 7. Dec 18, 07:50

Try undocking and redocking. Door should open. At least it did for me.

kodojo
x4

Post by kodojo » Fri, 7. Dec 18, 08:09

I am locked in a Teladi Ship after completing a mission to deliver a passenger to them. The elevator door on the bridge won`t open. Help, i´m held hostage :roll:

Alkatiba
x4

Post by Alkatiba » Fri, 7. Dec 18, 11:42

Same for me. The door is just locked regardless what I try. Undock / ReDock does nothing for me. I am on a Cerberus M Fregatte afair.

jkarsten
x4

Post by jkarsten » Sat, 8. Dec 18, 01:06

I still can not get to my cockpit or teleport anywhere after the update today. Game is broken for me at this point unless I want to build a new ship ...

Tried docking and undocking.

Anyone from egosoft seeing this?

jkarsten
x4

Post by jkarsten » Sun, 9. Dec 18, 03:07

Does egosoft read these or is this just supposed to be help from the community?

ApoxNM
x4

Post by ApoxNM » Sun, 9. Dec 18, 06:09

jkarsten wrote:
Sun, 9. Dec 18, 03:07
Does egosoft read these or is this just supposed to be help from the community?
Been wondering the same. No comments from devs ever.

I have seen companies handle the community MUCH, MUCH better.

foxxbl
x4

Post by foxxbl » Sun, 9. Dec 18, 14:27

LeeObee wrote:
Thu, 6. Dec 18, 21:52
As of the version 1.21 i am unable to open the teleporter doors on the bridge of my ship to leave, Space Suit or docked... the NPC captain seems to no clip though it and it wont open and allow me though...

Here is my save.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1If3Q8a ... sp=sharing
I can confirm this happened to me also on 1.3 version, Gorgon Vanguard. I docked to Argon Station with 6S1M dock, and walked through the station. On my way back I couldn't enter the ship as it was in the internal hold.
Finally when it got out I got stuck with the same bug.
Solution was (thanks for the workaround boogieman335) - teleport to station, ordered pilot to undock, on teleport back I was in the cockpit.

aressler38
x4

Post by aressler38 » Sun, 14. Aug 22, 04:58

This is still a bug, and it is even worse now that getting teleportation is more difficult in 5.10 (479084). The door just doesn't open at all. :rant:

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Sun, 14. Aug 22, 09:44

@ aressler38: Please start a fresh thread for v 5.10 and attach any useful info for the devs such as your game and mod state, what ship(s) you mean, maybe a screenshot of the problem, and with a link to a vanilla save showing the issue on loading.

This thread is *very* old and also covers ships that don't have that problem any more, so I'll lock it.
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

Return to “X4: Foundations - Technical Support”