[1.32 Bug] Stuck on ship, Exit doors won't open.

Ask here if you experience technical problems with X4: Foundations.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

DavidGW
x4

[1.32 Bug] Stuck on ship, Exit doors won't open.

Post by DavidGW » Thu, 13. Dec 18, 02:19

Was docking to pick up someone who wants to get off station (mission obtained from scanning data leaks)

I stood up while docking, moved to exit and teleported to entry. Now, the doors to exit my Paranid Nemesis will not open. So I'm stuck on the ship.

I have tried undocking and re-docking, no change.

EDIT: Noticed that this has been covered somewhere else.

Trying in a different system.

EDIT 2: Nope, still stuck.

EDIT 3: Teleporting to another ship and back fixed it.

Carath
x4

Re: [1.32 Bug] Stuck on ship, Exit doors won't open.

Post by Carath » Thu, 13. Dec 18, 16:58

That's how I have managed to get around it in a Cerberus:

Go to docking area. Now enter the elevator (transporter?), but try to stay as much outside of the cabin as possible and click the console to go to the cockpit. Important note - as soon as you press "travel" keep facing the back side of the cabin - keep looking at its back wall. When you think you should be there (well use your ears :) ) turn around. You will not be able to go through the door, but you will be able to see the captain's chair and interact with it. Just use the chair and you should be good.

Hope it helps!

ApoxNM
x4

Post by ApoxNM » Thu, 13. Dec 18, 18:21

Just imagine real life would be like this. In certain buildings you need to walk backwards, put your hand trough the wall to access your table and open the drawer from outside.

Hwitvlf

Post by Hwitvlf » Wed, 18. Jan 23, 22:22

This same bug is still happening in latest version. Don't have access to teleportation yet so no help there. The airlock panel can not be interacted with. Also, the airlock doors do not open for the relief pilot (they walk through the door), but they do open for the player. Reload/restart doesn't fix. Any ideas?

I got X4 shortly after it came out and ran into so many game breaking bugs that I put it down in frustration. Now years later, I try again and 3 days into play, I run into the same sort of thing. Is the game engine really so unwieldy to code for that bugs like this need to persist?

CBJ
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by CBJ » Wed, 18. Jan 23, 23:26

It is extremely unlikely that whatever you have run into is the same as something reported several years, and several versions, ago. If you are encountering a problem with similar symptoms, start a new thread, provide the information requested at the top of the forum (preferably including a savegame) and someone will take a look.

Return to “X4: Foundations - Technical Support”