[3.10] Lever to Move the World/Split Connection/Dal Busta bug

Ask here if you experience technical problems with X4: Foundations.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Gregorovitch
x4

[3.10] Lever to Move the World/Split Connection/Dal Busta bug

Post by Gregorovitch » Sun, 19. Apr 20, 20:28

I'm in the middle of both Dal Busta's quests. The status of the Split quest is I'm due fork out 20m Cr to the rebels to prove worth. Status with the Paranid/Lever thing is I've just completed the maze/bombed the monument (I think) and Busta has asked me to meet him to discuss next steps. This is my active quest at the moment. I have flown to the funeral ship to meet him.

When I engage in dialog with him:

a) I see an option to discuss the Split Connection but when I select it nothing happens, the option then disapears and Busta has no further dialog options.
b) Busta has no dialog option concerning the Lever quest, which is active and the guidance system is pointing at him.

So both quests are stuck at present. Here is the save file with me about to dock the funeral ship to speak with him after wasting Grida at the monument.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/fpzopfogmeo7f ... ug.gz?dl=0

Now it is possible that since the Split Connection quest is now in my hands (to hand over the 20m) if I go and hand it over and progress that side of things Busta will spring back to life and be forthcoming on both quest fronts. If so this is still a bug that needs attending to IMHO since it's apparently freezing up both main storyline quests. I'll report back when I've tried it.

On the other hand if it doesn't free Busta up I'm going to be........a little upset. I will want some help to sort this out.

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Re: [3.10] Lever to Move the World/Split Connection/Dal Busta bug

Post by Alan Phipps » Sun, 19. Apr 20, 22:31

That should have been fixed in 3.10. Have you verified your game installation since the last update?
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

Gregorovitch
x4

Post by Gregorovitch » Sun, 19. Apr 20, 23:42

OK, just did that - all files successfully validated.

So I went to see the rebel Split and paid my 20m Cr subs. It seems Busta has left the funeral ship as a result and the guidance marker tells me he is now back at HQ so I am guessing he'll talk to me about the Paranid situation now. I got a couple of things to do before heading back to HQ, but if there's any further problem I'll pipe up here soon enough.

But I'd say no, it hasn't been fixed, at least not completely, although it does seem easy enough to work around.

Nokano
x4

Post by Nokano » Tue, 28. Jun 22, 00:36

2022, this bug is still not fixed. Dal has two dialog options - a greyed out "Paranid Civil War" option, and an active "The Split Connection" option - but picking the Split option just closes the dialogue without anything happening.

CBJ
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by CBJ » Tue, 28. Jun 22, 09:05

The specific issue reported in this thread was reported as fixed a long time ago. If you are still having problems then you need to start a new thread, provide the information requested in the very first thread in this forum, and include a link to a savegame that demonstrates your specific situation, so that somebody has a chance of being able to see what the problem might be in your specific case.

Return to “X4: Foundations - Technical Support”