Stream Deck suddenly not X4 Compatible? - Dev reply and resolved by software update.

Ask here if you experience technical problems with X4: Foundations.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Malakie
x4

Stream Deck suddenly not X4 Compatible? - Dev reply and resolved by software update.

Post by Malakie » Thu, 14. May 20, 21:34

I use Stream Deck with X4 Foundations as a control panel to do certain things. For example on the Stream Deck I have some buttons for requesting landing, opening the map screen, etc etc.. Since I am a HOTAS player as well, I like to be able to set up things on my Stream Deck or a tablet for a bit of cockpit immersion.

Up until the last two builds released, everything worked perfectly fine. However now, for some reason, the game is no longer accepting any input from the Stream Deck.. I push a button, nothing happens. All stream deck does is pass a keymap through that matches the keymap set in the game..

For example, my keymap for MAP is M. In stream deck, I just made a button called MAP with an icon and assign it to M. Normally it used to then open the map when M was pressed.

At first I thought maybe my X4 config for stream deck somehow broke or corrupted. But the thing works with every other game I use it for.. Star Citizen, Elite, No Man's Sky and numerous others. And as I said, up until the last couple builds now (live OR BETA which I am testing as well), it just completely stopped working and no longer passes a button press through to the game client.

Version and language (e.g. 1.0 English, etc.): Current LIVE and BETA builds of X4 running on Windows 10 64 bit, English
Whether or not your game is modified using any third party scripts or mods (see note below): The problem has appeared in both my live copy where I use mods, AND my separate system BETA test clean build. It is common to both
Game start being played: Any.. Game start selected does not matter.
Exact nature of the problem, where and when it occurs and what you were doing at the time: See being write up above
Any possibly relevant changes you have made to your game, system, or software before the issue occurred: Nope other than updated X4 as updates are released
Where appropriate, additional symptoms, error messages, links to screenshots and crash dump files (see this FAQ entry): Screenshot attached of the streamdeck layout
Your system specifications in the form of a DxDiag report and vulkaninfo (see this FAQ entry): Attached

almost forgot!! This also coincides with another problem.. I have hearing damage due to military combat injuries. I use an Asus Strix DLC 7.1 surround card and with it a tool that 'draws' a sound scope on my game screen so I can visually see the direction sound is coming from. Due to the damage to my hearing, it is how I am able to play games and know a sounds direction and strength.

However for some reason, X4 is the only game I currently have out of hundreds, that the 'overlay' or whatever the sound card uses to make the visual indicator is not shown.. ALL other games I can see the indicator.. Only with X4 am I unable to get or use the tool so I can play know sound direction and strength due to a visual indicator.. I have enclosed a screenshot below of that appearing in another game screen so you know what I am talking about..

https://i.imgur.com/zRvWgE8.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/bB9Lcy9.jpg

DXDIAG
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1IdzMS ... FfDyR3Y4me
Take it light.....

Malakie

----------------------------------------------------

CBJ
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Re: Stream Deck suddenly not X4 Compatible?

Post by CBJ » Thu, 14. May 20, 22:21

I can't help you with the Stream Deck issue, I'm afraid. Nothing changed recently with the way the game accepts input, so I can only imagine that the third party tool changed in some way or simply isn't configured to work the the latest version of the X4 game EXE file.

With regard to your sound overlay, I'd imagine it hooks into DirectX, which most games use. If it doesn't support Vulkan games then no, it won't work with X4.

Malakie
x4

Re: Stream Deck suddenly not X4 Compatible?

Post by Malakie » Sun, 17. May 20, 12:07

CBJ wrote:
Thu, 14. May 20, 22:21
I can't help you with the Stream Deck issue, I'm afraid. Nothing changed recently with the way the game accepts input, so I can only imagine that the third party tool changed in some way or simply isn't configured to work the the latest version of the X4 game EXE file.

With regard to your sound overlay, I'd imagine it hooks into DirectX, which most games use. If it doesn't support Vulkan games then no, it won't work with X4.
Ahh on the sound thing.. did not even think about that but I bet you are right... Damn.. maybe some day someone will write a new tool that works in both for those like me with hearing issues.

As for Stream Deck.. that is really odd because nothing on this end changed.. And I can actually get a button to work once and only once after I assign it to a key.. they it stops.. and as I said, it was working perfectly up until around the time of the Split DLC release...

I will contact Stream Box on this as well and see if they have any ideas.
Take it light.....

Malakie

tomume

Re: Stream Deck suddenly not X4 Compatible? - Dev reply.

Post by tomume » Sun, 7. Aug 22, 12:13

hi, did you find a solution ?

could you share your config with me ? just got a stream deck mk2 and wanna use it with x4 :)

thx

Malakie
x4

Re: Stream Deck suddenly not X4 Compatible? - Dev reply.

Post by Malakie » Thu, 17. Nov 22, 00:56

tomume wrote:
Sun, 7. Aug 22, 12:13
hi, did you find a solution ?

could you share your config with me ? just got a stream deck mk2 and wanna use it with x4 :)

thx
Sorry for delay.. real life with harvest season etc, got in the way.

It was a problem with the software and streamdeck. You should be good to go if you have updated.
Take it light.....

Malakie

Return to “X4: Foundations - Technical Support”