[4.0 COH] BUG - Repeat orders ship fails to execute sell order

Ask here if you experience technical problems with X4: Foundations.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Torment101

[4.0 COH] BUG - Repeat orders ship fails to execute sell order

Post by Torment101 » Wed, 24. Mar 21, 17:11

I have a repeat order issue today. Worked last week.

Mine seems to be stuck on sell after further playing about but it was flicking between buy and sell after the trader had bought wares. I was teying to buy from both NPC and my own ICE facrory transporting water, selling transporting to my own spaceweed factory. I have buy order of 35 on spaceweed and min sell on repeat order on trader at 35, had no joy so tried changing sell repeat order min price to max and min and still nothing.

The sell execution keeps saying critical. Been playing with sell prices but just won't work.

Sieg06660
x3tc

[4.0] CoH Repeat orders not working

Post by Sieg06660 » Wed, 24. Mar 21, 19:12

4.0 CoH English Vanilla played through Geforce Now

Having an issue where Repeat Orders Buy and Sell not buying from NPC Stations and end up in a loop even though the values are correct
Currently with the ship Mercury (Trader 00)(BIM-576) with Microchips in the Hatikvahs Choice And Silent Witness

Image 1
Ship Buy station Buy value
https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/ ... nknown.png

Sell station and value
Image 2
https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/ ... nknown.png

Save
https://www.dropbox.com/s/08g35wlo6viwy ... ml.gz?dl=0
I appologise for any typos bad spelling grammer ing the above post it mainly do to the lack of motivation to correct the problem

DerMolch
x3ap

Re: [4.0 COH] BUG - Repeat orders ship fails to execute sell order

Post by DerMolch » Sat, 27. Mar 21, 23:19

I have the same problem. Since, I think, 4.0 HF2 creating new repeated orders that only consist of a Buy order and a Sell order have not been working. The ship executes the buy order and then starts rapidly switching between the buy and sell order while not moving.
This only happens when creating new repeated orders consisting of only a buy and sell order, repeating orders from before still work normally.
As a workaround you can insert a "Dock and Wait" order at the station you want the ship to sell the wares. That way the order gets executed, although the ship then flies there, docks, undock, docks again and then sells.

Steps to reproduce:
1. Set Ship default behaviour to "Repeated orders" and confirm.
2. Order ship to buy at station A. Amount and price make no difference but bug definitely occurs when buy amount is full cargo hold and price is set to max.
3. Order ship to sell at station B. Amount and price make no difference but bug definitely occurs when buy amount is all but 0 and price is set to min.

The ship will then buy at station A and then starts switching between Buy and Sell orders rapidly (about two times per second) and stop moving.

Version: 4.0 HF2 (english)
Installed mods: X4 Fire and Smoke, Better Kill Credit
Gamestart: Project Genesis

Duzzit
x4

Post by Duzzit » Mon, 29. Mar 21, 18:21

Oh good, I'm not the only person who is experiencing this afterall. DerMoloch, I will try to do your fix/work around, it may well save me a ton of money.

EDIT: It does not appear to work, ship does not 'buy' at initial destination, flies to target, docks, and gets stuck in the same loop.

DerMolch
x3ap

Post by DerMolch » Mon, 29. Mar 21, 20:34

That's too bad. I had to switch it up a little, as well. Now, I insert a "Fly to" order before every step of the order loop which, for now, seems to make it work.

Duzzit
x4

Post by Duzzit » Mon, 29. Mar 21, 22:59

DerMolch wrote:
Mon, 29. Mar 21, 20:34
That's too bad. I had to switch it up a little, as well. Now, I insert a "Fly to" order before every step of the order loop which, for now, seems to make it work.
Yeah, I've tried that too, sadly no luck. A friend of mine has the same issue. Good to hear it works for some though.

omti
x4

Post by omti » Tue, 30. Mar 21, 11:21

Duzzit wrote:
Mon, 29. Mar 21, 22:59
DerMolch wrote:
Mon, 29. Mar 21, 20:34
Yeah, I've tried that too, sadly no luck. A friend of mine has the same issue. Good to hear it works for some though.
Yeah. Honestly I wonder how they managed to break that with the last hotfix. There's nothing in the list except for maybe this:
Fixed freeze when using Go To Ship on ship belonging to another faction that is docked at object also belonging to another faction.
Ohne Neugier wäre die Menschheit immer noch in der Steinzeit oder nicht einmal dort!

Money implies poverty - Ian Banks: The State of the Art

Sieg06660
x3tc

Re: [4.0] CoH Repeat orders not working

Post by Sieg06660 » Tue, 30. Mar 21, 22:01

Bump

<Please do not bump threads in these forums. Alan Phipps, Moderator>
I appologise for any typos bad spelling grammer ing the above post it mainly do to the lack of motivation to correct the problem

omti
x4

Post by omti » Wed, 31. Mar 21, 17:27

Someone in the German forum mentioned you need buy and sell orders on both stations involved and Credits on their manager accounts. Can someone check if that solves the problem?
Ohne Neugier wäre die Menschheit immer noch in der Steinzeit oder nicht einmal dort!

Money implies poverty - Ian Banks: The State of the Art

Duzzit
x4

Post by Duzzit » Wed, 31. Mar 21, 19:23

Both stations have buy/sell orders and a reasonable chunk of change in their accounts. I'll have to check again just to be absolutely sure of this however.

Edit: Having checked, both do indeed have buy/sell orders and money. Also, I've tried the latest beta patch, which had this in it

Fixed automatic buy/sell threshold calculation for intermediate wares with manual storage allocation.

but sadly this does not appear to fix the issue at hand.

Paradoom
x4

Post by Paradoom » Sun, 9. May 21, 18:21

And here I thought I did something wrong... :evil: :evil: :evil:

I set up some miners manually with the "Repeat Order" command, since the AI is too dump to use the good recources. But no, the stuff ain`t getting sold. Instead they hang there with a full cargohold and the selling hangs in a loop.
Even worse that there is no option to simply make them dump there inventroy into a player owned station (transfer wares is missing when going with repeat order behavior). So I´m trying the mentioned workaround with the "fly too" first, but doubt it will work.
EDIT tested and it doesnt work. Guess I have no other choice but to throw them in the mix with the other 56 miners and hope for the best :(

INexx665

Post by INexx665 » Fri, 27. Aug 21, 00:19

Accept the Station Account estimate at the BUYING ( the station you are selling to) station. Fixed the loop. Might be a bug as at the buying station was more than enough creds to cover the ware cost. Just not the estimate amount.

Youngie761
x4

Post by Youngie761 » Sun, 16. Jan 22, 22:30

I recently came back from not playing since right after 4.0 launched. I have a game that's been going for a long time and have several dozen miners on a loop to mine multiple places. Then, go to either a distribution center, part factory or a ship yard itself. They aren't bound to any units or stations and mostly in my own controlled sectors. When I played today all of these Miners report back that they can't finish their commands. Some say in the behavior tab under their sell command "No trades found in allowed sectors." which makes no sense.
This has to be a bug related to a hotfix or something. I have had this setup going for a while (it worked beautifully) and now I am getting nothing but "Last order cannot be completed."

CBJ
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by CBJ » Sun, 16. Jan 22, 22:45

We would need to see your savegame to have any real hope of finding out what is happening in your specific case, and identifying whether it's actually a game problem or an issue with the way your ships have been set up.

NDaleramai
x4

Post by NDaleramai » Sun, 13. Feb 22, 03:05

I've been dealing with this issue and it's quite maddening as well - it seems that despite having multiple ships set up with repeat orders I too have several of them simply forget to deliver their cargo. It's really hindering a couple of my stations that they're not all completing. I've watched the stock levels for a while and it seems that while occasionally it will complete correctly the vast majority of them fail to sell and then I've got stations running out of materials or stations full on storage because the ships aren't taking it away.

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Sun, 13. Feb 22, 10:03

@ NDaleramai: Please see what dev CBJ posted in the post above yours.
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

Tarsis
x4

Post by Tarsis » Thu, 1. Jun 23, 20:47

I'm having the same problem.

I'm running no mods, game version 6.0 HF 4.

All I'm trying to do is repeatedly move Energy Cells from my factory in Mercury (YZK-756) to my scrap processing in Getsu Fune(FMD-851) using the repeat order behaviour.

I setup the freighter to buy with a maximum price and sell with the minimum price.
My Freighter (KCU-484) buys from Mercury with no problem, but gets stuck trying to sell. It won't even move from Mercury.
The progress arrow just keeps jumping between sell and buy and giving an error that there is nothing to sell.

Trading and transferring wares manually work fine.

You can download my save from: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1HhBGEh ... sp=sharing

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Thu, 1. Jun 23, 22:46

@ Tarsis: This is an old thread about gameplay many versions ago. Please start a new thread and include the information requested in the Sticky thread at the top of this forum.
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

j.harshaw
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT

Post by j.harshaw » Thu, 1. Jun 23, 23:24

Tarsis wrote:
Thu, 1. Jun 23, 20:47
The progress arrow just keeps jumping between sell and buy and giving an error that there is nothing to sell.
Pay attention to the amount sliders. They say "Buy up to" and "Sell all but", in both cases, you're telling the ship how much ware the ship should have in cargo. Changing the "sell all but" slider to 0 gets your trader to transport the energy cells it already has in its hold.

Return to “X4: Foundations - Technical Support”