[#50]Can't hack Trade Terminal for Guild mission - Fixed in a future update

Ask here if you experience technical problems with X4: Foundations.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Feloidea
x4

[#50]Can't hack Trade Terminal for Guild mission - Fixed in a future update

Post by Feloidea » Sun, 28. Mar 21, 15:35

Currently going through a Teladi Trade Guild mission "Increase Portfolio" type and it wants me to hack the trade terminal in an Ore Refinery (they really don't like this station, I've done these kinds of missions before and this must be the fourth or fifth time I'm told to hack this station ...) yet when I go to the engineering section, the trade terminal (first to the right when entering) can't be interacted with. The other terminals work just fine, same in the security offive, I can interact with all of them. It's just the trade terminal that refuses to acknowledge it's own existence. I'm pretty sure it's not because I may have hacked the trade terminal before because I've hacked that stations storage at least twice without problem.

I have the required Security Decryption System (plenty).

So far I've tried changing location on the station and coming back, undocking and redocking the ship, saving and reloading ... no change.

Anyone knows what's up?

Latest game version (4.0) and vanilla, no mods.
Last edited by Feloidea on Sun, 28. Mar 21, 15:40, edited 1 time in total.

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Re: Can't hack Trade Terminal for Guild mission

Post by Alan Phipps » Sun, 28. Mar 21, 15:37

Without knowing of course, perhaps the last hack you did of that console is still in operation now?
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

Feloidea
x4

Post by Feloidea » Sun, 28. Mar 21, 15:42

How long do those last? I've been doing plenty other stuff in the meantime and though I can't tell for sure I do beleive it's been a couple ingame hours since I last hacked the station.

Hmm, wanted to attach the savegame file but apparently I'm blind because I can't find the option for attachments.

Seems like I have the same problem as this guy back then: viewtopic.php?t=427183

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Sun, 28. Mar 21, 18:47

Upload the save (compressed) to a reputable fileshare site and post just the public share link in your post here. This is all in the 'Please read before posting' Sticky.

Feloidea
x4

Post by Feloidea » Sun, 28. Mar 21, 19:39

Well, it's been another couple hours since then and I still can't interact with the terminal.

Here be a savegame file: https://file.io/3R2GmiBBtcTF

If the devs want to take a look at it and tell me what's going on that'd be appreciated.

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Sun, 28. Mar 21, 21:00

Thanks - just note that the download site you chose is a one-time use only. If anyone else has a look at your save for you, the devs will not get it.

Feloidea
x4

Post by Feloidea » Sun, 28. Mar 21, 22:45

I legit just grabbed the first simple and free fileshare host I found.

If a dev wants to take a look and finds the link invalid, pop me a quick PM and I can create a new one to send back via PM. That or someone can recommend a good fileshare host, I haven't used any of those for years so I got no clue which free ones are good/secure these days.

I don't expect much dev attention though, it's hardly gamebreaking and at worst I can always just abort the mission chain. If any devs are looking for things to take good looks at I'd prefer it they put that attention towards finetuning their mining changes :wink:

Feloidea
x4

Post by Feloidea » Wed, 31. Mar 21, 16:15

Excuse me for the doublepost but I'm bumping this because after all this time I am still unable to interact with the necessary trade terminal. So unless whatever discount a previous hack would last an absurd amount of time, something is most definately bugged out here.

I've used up my earlier download link since I was dum dum and didn't save it in a seperate slot so I recovered it and have an unlimited fileshare link here: https://www.mediafire.com/file/ools34bt ... ml.gz/file

I'm also going to supply my most recent savegame where the problem still persists here:
https://www.mediafire.com/file/bw6t92pr ... ml.gz/file

The account and thus download links should be valid for more or less unlimited downloads for the next fourteen days. If someone wants to take a look later than that and finds the links dead, pop me a DM and I'll upload them again since I have them stowed away for good now and can reupload at any moment if necessary!

Feloidea
x4

Post by Feloidea » Mon, 3. May 21, 16:19

Going to bump this topic again since I've run into the same or similar enough problem again.

Mission to jack a repair control panel. I have the required item. I can interact with every computer interface that's used for for hacking something **EXCEPT** for the repair control terminal. I have **NOT** hacked the same terminal prior, with absolute certainty (new game, I hadn't even docked at that station prior to now).

Link to save file: https://www.mediafire.com/file/v0e0km4x ... ml.gz/file

Buzz2005
x4

Post by Buzz2005 » Mon, 3. May 21, 17:45

afaik trade panel hack never expires
Fixed ships getting spawned away from ship configuration menu at resupply ships from automatically getting deployables.

strask412
x4

Post by strask412 » Sun, 9. May 21, 03:25

I have just encountered this issue and it's terrible.

4 mission chain -- acquire ship, 2x panel hacks, acquire another ship.

I hit this bug on the second panel hack, after already acquiring the ship for the last quest in advance.

So now, while I did receive rewards for the first two quests, I'm out the funds for the second ship at a VERY inopportune time. And there is NO WAY to know in advance if this bug is going to be a problem, which results in me wanting to avoid any quest chains that involve hacking missions. Ugh.
"If I were a shadowy nemesis that wanted to strike the Protectorate where it's weakest, Pioneers space is where I'd begin."
- Delilah Shiratori

blackice7777
x4

Post by blackice7777 » Thu, 9. Jun 22, 18:59

I've got stuck exactly on the same problem described above: can't hack the the terminal on the same station twice, because it is already hacked by me. Also, there is no way to cancel the mission.
The only hople that at some day, some xenon K in good mood, will destroy this station, so the mission will sugest new one :)

Gimbutz
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Re: [#50]Can't hack Trade Terminal for Guild mission

Post by Gimbutz » Thu, 14. Jul 22, 11:24

Thank you for the reports, this issue will be resolved in a future update. If you have an already running mission that asks you to hack an already hacked panel, you can work around it by waiting out the cooldown. Sorry for the inconvenience.

quickclay
x4

Re: [#50]Can't hack Trade Terminal for Guild mission - Fixed in a future update

Post by quickclay » Thu, 28. Jul 22, 17:38

How long is the cooldown? I've let my game run in SETA overnight and the terminal is still hacked.

Return to “X4: Foundations - Technical Support”