4.00 HF3 Targeting, Behemoth main battery cant hit stationary destroyer target

Ask here if you experience technical problems with X4: Foundations.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Buzz2005
x4

4.00 HF3 Targeting, Behemoth main battery cant hit stationary destroyer target

Post by Buzz2005 » Thu, 22. Apr 21, 18:37

Hi,

In the save you are sitting in my Katana and watching Argon Behemoth shooting main batteries at a FAF rattlesnake with destroyed engines so the ship is not moving, I have been watching this for some time now and Behemoth cant hit that rattle, maybe 1 in 20 shots land, bullets just fly past it. Nothing more to add, hope this helps bc targeting is problematic since 1.0.
No mods.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/bjqwvuh53a3ak ... ml.gz?dl=0
Fixed ships getting spawned away from ship configuration menu at resupply ships from automatically getting deployables.

Maebius

[4.0 HF3+SV+COH]-Behemoth Vanguard MainGuns always miss (in sector) vs Osakas&Syns (With Video!)

Post by Maebius » Tue, 4. May 21, 02:27

Hello dear Devs.

I chose to side with ANT/ARG in the Terran plot and whenever I'm in sector and ANT Behemoths fight vs Osakas, it's a guaranteed wipe for ANT. The flawless victory kind.

In an AFK moment (while I was eating) I've had a lone Osaka solo 5(!) Behemoths in Antigone Memorial and then proceed to destroy the equipment dock. (which has been rebuilt but for some reason never completes refits-but that's another issue).

I'm not sure if it's the slim Osaka/Syn profile, but all fights between Behemoth Vanguards and Osakas/Syns seem to go like this:
https://youtu.be/g60X3h-AmEo
Only the turrets seem to ever land a hit vs the Osaka and that's of course only if they're in range.

I'm not sure how it is vs other L ships, but at least vs Terrans it's really frustrating as it makes me spend more time supporting ANT vs them :doh:

<Similar threads merged, tidied up of duplicate posts and retitled. Alan Phipps>

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Re: 4.00 HF3 Targeting, Behemoth main battery cant hit stationary destroyer target

Post by Alan Phipps » Mon, 23. Aug 21, 22:31

It seems a bit less of an issue here against a disabled Odysseus although still rather disappointing overall - also that thread sees the turrets missing too if they are 'heavy and slow' weapons.
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

Imperial Good
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Re: 4.00 HF3 Targeting, Behemoth main battery cant hit stationary destroyer target

Post by Imperial Good » Wed, 25. Aug 21, 18:45

In the past I reported targeting issues against the Rattlesnake. I am unsure if those specific issues were fixed but subsequent patch notes led me to believe they were.

In the reported case it was that the target point was offset away from the Rattlesnake hull based on its pitch, yaw and roll. Rolling the Rattlesnake caused the target point to move further away and then return back when past an apex. I suggest people test if this is still the cause in case the previous fix was not successful.

Return to “X4: Foundations - Technical Support”