[4.00 HF3 (434806)][SV, CoH] Build Storage with budget has no Trade Offers for needs - Fix in a future build.

Ask here if you experience technical problems with X4: Foundations.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

MopDa
x4

[4.00 HF3 (434806)][SV, CoH] Build Storage with budget has no Trade Offers for needs - Fix in a future build.

Post by MopDa » Mon, 26. Apr 21, 05:03

Game Version: 4.00 HF3 (434806) -- English
Mods: no mods (and never were, savegame is still unmodified)
DLCs: Split Vendetta, Cradle of Humanity
Game Start: The Young Gun

Exact Nature of the bug: Once again I have faced the fact that the Build Storage don't have proper Trade Offers for what it needs in order to build the station. Providing the savegame. In the savegame you can witness Family Tkr Factory (AYJ-505) under construction with its Build Storage (GGH-681) acting weirdly.

Screenshots:
"It has such features (Resources needed):"https://i.imgur.com/pqlQ5QW.jpg
"It has such budget:"https://i.imgur.com/MqyrATK.jpg
"It has such Trade Offers:"https://i.imgur.com/AQrHcKR.jpg

Edit: It seems moving the whole station (so to make it being rebuilt) in the "Plan build" interface fixes trade offers. Changing station's "Preset for all station modules" at certain times can be causing the problem. I'll keep digging.
Last edited by Terre on Mon, 26. Apr 21, 08:31, edited 1 time in total.

aquatica
x4

Re: [4.00 HF3 (434806)][SV, CoH] Build Storage doesn't have Trade Offers for what it wants (Budget in place)

Post by aquatica » Tue, 27. Apr 21, 17:17

I would like to join on this.

I have had the exact same thing happen, which slowed down station construction quite a bit.
I couldn't use Trade Offers, however I was able to Transfer Wares manually to Build Storage. Currently have no Save for this, but I am playing as the Pioneer start, unmodified 4.0 HF3.

When I next get this to happen to me, I'll provide a savegame as well.

NOTE:
I do remember using the Default Preset for all station modules (usually Preset from High to Low or Minimum, whichever was the lowest one) so I guess there's potential issue with that.

BurnIt!
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Re: [4.00 HF3 (434806)][SV, CoH] Build Storage doesn't have Trade Offers for what it wants (Budget in place)

Post by BurnIt! » Wed, 28. Apr 21, 08:19

MopDa wrote:
Mon, 26. Apr 21, 05:03
Exact Nature of the bug: Once again I have faced the fact that the Build Storage don't have proper Trade Offers for what it needs in order to build the station. Providing the savegame. In the savegame you can witness Family Tkr Factory (AYJ-505) under construction with its Build Storage (GGH-681) acting weirdly.
Thanks for the detailed report. I'd like to take a look at the save, however clicking that link only gives me a "403 Forbidden" error message.
BurnIt!
In der Ruhe liegt die Kraft. / In peace lies strength.

MopDa
x4

Post by MopDa » Wed, 28. Apr 21, 17:52

Its rather strange as it is accessible for me without issues. Ok, let's try another file hosting shall we?
Here we go: savegame

Imperial Good
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Imperial Good » Thu, 29. Apr 21, 01:11

To add to this, making changes to the build of a station while the station is being constructed might not update the station buy orders to reflect what is now needed even if the budget is updated or sufficient for the changes. I suspect the confirm changes button sometimes does not push out the changes to buy orders correctly for stations which are already under construction, resulting in them retaining the buy orders from the time construction originally started irrespective of what construction has been changed to.

jojorne
x4

Post by jojorne » Thu, 29. Apr 21, 04:44

The "Build" menu works with partial resources while the "Info" pane with whole resources. Let me explain:
To build a module you need 100. While building, it "consume" part of the resource and now it's at 75 but
the "Info" pane still display 100 or it will now display 0 based on the build progress and not the actual current value.
So, if you look at it and you try to compensate the difference, you might end up with more resources than it needs.
By moving the station, it resets the building progress which resets the resource's value to a whole number.
This is most visible in large stations. I suspect that this is the case here.

MopDa
x4

Post by MopDa » Fri, 30. Apr 21, 10:56

To jojorne: I don't mind it working with partial, floating point or any other kind of resources if it ends up building the station in the end, which is not the case in the bug we are trying to pinpoint.

Sitrep: I had another case of bug occurring but this time I have no savegame and could not reproduce it from the savegame I had, but it sits there somewhere. I'll keep digging.

BurnIt!
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by BurnIt! » Tue, 4. May 21, 10:25

Again thanks for the save, we know what happened here and will have that fixed for an upcoming build.
Once the Dock Area of your station is done building the resource buy offers should update correctly.

This situation occurs when the construction process is started and then changes or additions to the planned build are made before the current build is complete. The menu already shows all the relevant resources but the internal process that drives the trade offers isn't updated until the original build completes.
Note that the construction starts the moment you confirm the build changes, even if no resources have been delivered yet.

So this sequence would result in the observed behaviour:
1. plan build
2. confirm
3. add modules or change loadouts
=> menu displays total resources, buy offers reflect resources needed for step (1) only until (1) is fully built
BurnIt!
In der Ruhe liegt die Kraft. / In peace lies strength.

Return to “X4: Foundations - Technical Support”