BUG: Autopilot path-finding

Ask here if you experience technical problems with X4: Foundations.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Senti67

BUG: Autopilot path-finding

Post by Senti67 » Wed, 5. May 21, 14:43

The autopilot seems to have issues. I agree I am new to the game but also new players can expect the auto-pilot to do its job.

Previously I used the autopilot to go from “Grand Exchange III” to the Wharf in Argon Prime going through “Black Hole Sun” and “Second Contact II Flashpoint”. This worked fine (and still works).

On my way back I was surprised that it took another path via “Hatikva’s Choice” and “Siolent Witness” and “18 Billions”. All systems I never visited before. But after all I was following my first additional ship with new captain. Him knowing (or the autopilot itself) this path would be plausible, yet surprising for a game.

But now I tried the same but starting from “Grand Exchange I” (instead of III). And here weird things happen. The autopilot went into the opposite direction to “Nopileo’s Fortune” and “Pious Mists”, where it then disengaged . Both systems I never was before and obviously not the fastest path, if there is path at all.

From here trying to set the wharf as destination again, refuses to engage the autopilot. I need to first select “Grand Exchange III” and when the autopilot enters this system, set the destination to the Wharf. Then it will work.

I have the feeling (not tested) this has to do with the number of inter-system jumps. If starting in “Grand Exchange I” both paths (I know so far) have 5 jumps (autopilot cannot decision bug?) , while from “Grand Exchange III” the chosen path has 4 while the other 5.

Game version 4.00 (434806)

Return to “X4: Foundations - Technical Support”