[4.0 CoH]Solved:Unable to upgrade a specific ship

Ask here if you experience technical problems with X4: Foundations.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

jyy9495

[4.0 CoH]Solved:Unable to upgrade a specific ship

Post by jyy9495 » Thu, 6. May 21, 08:46

Hello, everyone.

I hope I could get some answers about my problem here. As the title suggests, I can't upgrade a specific ship, in the shipyard. It's Terran destroyer Syn, which was given to me after completing the Terran plot.

When I try to control the ship via AI command, the upgrade button doesn't even show up. If I'm controlling the ship and try to access the upgrade menu via the shipyard menu, it doesn't allow me to control anything on the screen except for exiting the upgrade menu.

I tried other ships; Katana, Hokkaido, etc. but they all seem to work fine. It's just this Syn that's experiencing this problem.

Here's a link to my save file : https://drive.google.com/file/d/1A--bhx ... sp=sharing

And before someone asks, no, this is a vanilla game save, and the ship has no modification on any of the equipment.

I hope the information provided is enough to find the solution or at least the cause.
Last edited by jyy9495 on Thu, 6. May 21, 12:08, edited 1 time in total.

chip56

Re: [4.0 CoH]Unable to upgrade a specific ship

Post by chip56 » Thu, 6. May 21, 09:39

Just double checking one thing:
You are upgrading the ship at the same shipyard/wharf right? Asking because the katana would be M and the Syn is L. If its your own shipyard and you dont have a ship trader you cant upgrade ships there. So that could be the issue if you are trying to upgrade the ships at different stations.

jyy9495

Post by jyy9495 » Thu, 6. May 21, 10:44

chip56 wrote:
Thu, 6. May 21, 09:39
Just double checking one thing:
You are upgrading the ship at the same shipyard/wharf right? Asking because the katana would be M and the Syn is L. If its your own shipyard and you dont have a ship trader you cant upgrade ships there. So that could be the issue if you are trying to upgrade the ships at different stations.
I've tried different shipyards, wharves, and equipment docks of different factions. No matter what, Syn can't upgrade while the other ships are allowed to upgrade at the very same place. I'm not sure how it'll work out at my own shipyard because I'm not that far into the game. I only have mining operation and one small station right now.

Oh, forgot to mention this in the original post. I've tried turning the game off and on.

Oloka
x4

Post by Oloka » Thu, 6. May 21, 11:57

It is because you have 'Repeat orders' on your Syn ship. Change it to 'Hold Position' and your issue should be fixed. Cheers.

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Thu, 6. May 21, 11:59

Does the Syn have any working engine, and does it have a Captain?
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

jyy9495

Post by jyy9495 » Thu, 6. May 21, 12:06

Oloka wrote:
Thu, 6. May 21, 11:57
It is because you have 'Repeat orders' on your Syn ship. Change it to 'Hold Position' and your issue should be fixed. Cheers.
Jesus Christ, you are a lifesaver.

How the hell does default behaviour affects a completely different system like upgrading? I guess I'll never know :P

jyy9495

Post by jyy9495 » Thu, 6. May 21, 12:07

Alan Phipps wrote:
Thu, 6. May 21, 11:59
Does the Syn have any working engine, and does it have a Captain?
Yes, it does. But don't worry. Got my answer from another person. Thanks for trying to help me!

Admiral Sausage

Post by Admiral Sausage » Thu, 6. May 21, 23:31

jyy9495 wrote:
Thu, 6. May 21, 12:06
How the hell does default behaviour affects a completely different system like upgrading? I guess I'll never know :P
Because upgrading a ship appears as an order for it, even if you're doing it yourself. Since you can only give repeatable orders to ships set to repeat orders, and upgrading is not repeatable, you can't upgrade it.

Return to “X4: Foundations - Technical Support”