[4.0HF3+CoH][No Mods] Engine Modifications are Being Destroyed Upon Disassembly

Ask here if you experience technical problems with X4: Foundations.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Alm888
x4

[4.0HF3+CoH][No Mods] Engine Modifications are Being Destroyed Upon Disassembly

Post by Alm888 » Fri, 7. May 21, 17:07

Hello.
Another bug. I've noticed that prime engine modification components (of each quality) unlike weapon, chassis or shield components are being destroyed upon disassembling. I believe this should not be that way.
Also, there seems to be a pattern of whether a component will be destroyed (or, rather not added back to stock) or not: two times in a row it is destroyed, then two more times it is not and then again two times it is destroyed and two -- not and so on. So, it seems not be dependent on RNG, but rather a programming bug.

This happens on bot NPC and Player owned Shipyards/Wharves.

CBJ
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Re: [4.0HF3+CoH][No Mods] Engine Modifications are Being Destroyed Upon Disassembly

Post by CBJ » Fri, 7. May 21, 17:14

All modifications are dismantled, and some of the components recovered, when the thing they modify is destroyed or recycled. This is working as intended.

Alm888
x4

Re: [4.0HF3+CoH][No Mods] Engine Modifications are Being Destroyed Upon Disassembly

Post by Alm888 » Fri, 7. May 21, 17:41

CBJ wrote:
Fri, 7. May 21, 17:14
All modifications are dismantled, and some of the components recovered, when the thing they modify is destroyed or recycled. This is working as intended.
Sorry, but I referred to primary components, not Nividium Oxide and such (those have always be consumables).
Here is the hastily created video demonstrating the issue.

CBJ
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by CBJ » Fri, 7. May 21, 18:25

That video may be hastily created, but it shows what you mean very nicely. I can't immediately see what's wrong, but it should be easy enough to reproduce and track down next week. Thanks!

Alm888
x4

Post by Alm888 » Fri, 7. May 21, 18:49

CBJ wrote:
Fri, 7. May 21, 18:25
That video may be hastily created, but it shows what you mean very nicely. I can't immediately see what's wrong, but it should be easy enough to reproduce and track down next week. Thanks!
I tried to highlight the numbers on modifications count with mouse cursor gestures.
To lose a "Basic Engine Fuel Injector" with each attempt to re-roll is not that scary, but Exceptional mods are hard to come by (they essentially require doing a guild mission), so… I doubt making them expendable was intended (especially when one can basically re-roll exceptional shield modification unlimited number of times).

Alm888
x4

Post by Alm888 » Sun, 9. May 21, 07:39

Upon closer inspection I've found I was wrong and there is no bug. :)

For some reason I was confused and always thought that the number of available modifications is directly tied to the number of primary components, while in fact the algorithm takes into consideration the amount of available consumables.

In this case I had insufficient amount of "Nividium Oxide".

This is strange. Either I had not experienced such shortages in my previous game sessions, or something has been changed recently without me paying enough attention.

Sorry for the troubles.
Last edited by Alm888 on Sun, 9. May 21, 10:34, edited 1 time in total.

CBJ
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by CBJ » Sun, 9. May 21, 10:31

Thanks for getting back to us and saving us the time of looking into it! I was fooled too, by what was in the video, so you're not alone. :)

Return to “X4: Foundations - Technical Support”