[BUG 4.10] Mining drones disappear from L miners without explanation - Fix in a future build.

Ask here if you experience technical problems with X4: Foundations.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Good Wizard
x4

[BUG 4.10] Mining drones disappear from L miners without explanation - Fix in a future build.

Post by Good Wizard » Sat, 18. Sep 21, 11:52

I post this here, because it was first analyzed and reported on Reddit, where I saw it. There is also a post here on the (English) mod forum, because somebody seems to have found a reason for this.

Post on Reddit
Post on the Mod Forum

After moving my Magnetar from The Reach (where it was quite efficient) to Pious Mists IV (because demand in The Reach went down), I watched it often idling in the state 'Waiting for mining drones'. I remembered a post on Reddit and checked: I always buy 3 mining drones for L miners, and it had only two. In the space of less than 10 minutes, while mining in Pious Mists IV it lost another mining drone and has now only one.

There are two (unmodified) saves in 4.10 (both DLCs) here:
autosave_01.xml.gz - Magnetar (LVC-774) in Pious Mists IV (my only L miner at this time) has 2 mining drones
quicksave.xml.gz - Magnetar (LVC-774) in Pious Mists IV has only mining drone now, 9 minutes later

I was IS, sitting in the Katana in Pious Mists IV.

The miner mined for hours in The Reach, quite efficient (Ore in both cases). In the space of 10 minutes it seems to have lost one mining drone.
With this rate you should be able to wait until it has none, if you stay IS. While it mined in The Reach I never visited it, so I suspect this only happens IS, not OOS.

So if you load the autosave, the miner still has 2 mining drones, around 9 minutes later (quicksave) it only has one left.

Here are the saves: Load file from filehorst.de

j.harshaw
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT

Re: [BUG 4.10] Mining drones disappear from L miners without explanation

Post by j.harshaw » Sat, 18. Sep 21, 22:13

Thanks for the report and the save. Case is different from that mentioned in thread you have linked to S&M. Forwarded.

j.harshaw
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT

Post by j.harshaw » Sat, 18. Sep 21, 23:06

Tracked down and fixed this case as well. Should be in a future update. Thanks again for your help.

Good Wizard
x4

Post by Good Wizard » Sat, 18. Sep 21, 23:47

j.harshaw wrote:
Sat, 18. Sep 21, 23:06
Tracked down and fixed this case as well. Should be in a future update. Thanks again for your help.
Great! Thank you for your fast reaction!

DerDu
x4

Re: [BUG 4.10] Mining drones disappear from L miners without explanation - Fix in a future build.

Post by DerDu » Thu, 14. Oct 21, 17:12

Confirmed, waiting for update :)
Meanwhile i search for Hokkaido's doing "free mining", which equals to "no drones", and replenish them by hand :/
btw. for me it's only the "mineral's"

Return to “X4: Foundations - Technical Support”