OOS Boarding

Ask here if you experience technical problems with X4: Foundations.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Shadowofpeace
x4

OOS Boarding

Post by Shadowofpeace » Mon, 20. Sep 21, 00:08

After patch 4.1 I am still finding the need to babysit my boarding ships as ship keep killing target ship. This is even when target ship is set to strong hull. Can not do OOS Boarding or multiple boarding ops at once. Have to be in sector for boarding operation to work fine, which means I can not do other mission while it happens
Palidor86

Shadowofpeace
x4

Re: OOS Boarding

Post by Shadowofpeace » Thu, 23. Sep 21, 05:06

Shadowofpeace wrote:
Mon, 20. Sep 21, 00:08
After patch 4.1 I am still finding the need to babysit my boarding ships as ship keep killing target ship. This is even when target ship is set to strong hull. Can not do OOS Boarding or multiple boarding ops at once. Have to be in sector for boarding operation to work fine, which means I can not do other mission while it happens
There was a small patch yesterday that seem to make it work will keep an eye on it in make sure
Last edited by Shadowofpeace on Tue, 28. Sep 21, 12:10, edited 1 time in total.
Palidor86

Ketraar
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by Ketraar » Thu, 23. Sep 21, 10:57

There was no patch yesterday, last update was 4.10 from 13.09.2021

MFG

Ketraar

Shadowofpeace
x4

Post by Shadowofpeace » Tue, 28. Sep 21, 12:09

Ok thanks that mean OOS boarding it still buggy then hope it get updated soon thanks
Palidor86

Shadowofpeace
x4

Post by Shadowofpeace » Fri, 8. Oct 21, 11:27

Shadowofpeace wrote:
Tue, 28. Sep 21, 12:09
Ok thanks that mean OOS boarding it still buggy then hope it get updated soon thanks
No reply... I feel I am wasting my trying to capture ships. One on one capture and capture ship keeps being out right killed
Palidor86

Ketraar
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by Ketraar » Fri, 8. Oct 21, 11:46

Not sure what reply you are looking for. If you have a issue then you would need to be more specific, add steps or info on how to reproduce the issue.

You said there was an issue, then claimed a patch fixed it, then assumed its still bugged after being told there is no patch. There is only a generic statement and no real details as to what you think is wrong. Please add details and ideally a save where the issue can be looked at.

MFG

Ketraar

Shadowofpeace
x4

Post by Shadowofpeace » Tue, 12. Oct 21, 07:59

Hi.

There is 3 issues I have found in boarding ops oos boarding.

First I get my L size destroyer with aux ship to cap other SCA cap ship. I set turret to weak or very weak and hull to medium or high setting of boarding ops. Destroyer turrent L set to defend and M to attack figthers, and Aux to attack fighter. when Op start everything gose alright most of the time for phase one (take out turrets) but not long after when phase 2 is about to start or in progress (Boarding pod), most of the time the target ship get killed before pods are launched or just after. Very rare if I am not in the sector of boarding op that Phase 3 even start and if it dose 99% chance boarding fleet/ship will kill target.

Issue 2. I most boarding ops the boarding ship/s send more marine over then the target ship cap ( crew cap 40 But 70 marine in boarding op), this happen in both in sector and oos boarding ops. When this happen and the boarding op is successful if the is more marine alive then crew cap a big portion of them disappear. (In sector boarding is best to see this issue). This happen even when I set max marines for op.

Issue 3. Most of the time if the Boarding target has decided to flee from my boarding ship/s (capital ships) and the target get to far it will try to use standard travel instead of engaging travel drive to intercept. I have to tell my boarding ships to move to a location change order queued using arrow in ship behavior, up arrow beside order then remove move order so it can continue the boarding order. Please set a minimum distance from the each boarding ship in which it will engage it travel drive to intercept. It tries to do this sometime.

Please use link to my save file. https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/ ... sp=sharing Note: I set a boarding op in this save so you can see what is happening. Might have to reload the save if another faction attack target so only my ships are attacking.
Palidor86

Shadowofpeace
x4

Post by Shadowofpeace » Wed, 27. Oct 21, 03:36

Hi

Just wondering if you or anyone have had a chance to look at issues posted. I have link to save file and have tryed to give as much information as possible, Hope to hear from you or someone soon

Thanks
Palidor86

Return to “X4: Foundations - Technical Support”