[1428]4.1 - Mission plot position impossible to build - Explained.

Ask here if you experience technical problems with X4: Foundations.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Panos
x4

[1428]4.1 - Mission plot position impossible to build - Explained.

Post by Panos » Wed, 22. Sep 21, 08:51

Hi.
As you see from the attached save, picked a mission to build a small station for HOP. However the position is on top of the gate and the highway and the HOP station.
These already existed in that position yet the game asks to place the station where cannot do so.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1taXDaJ ... sp=sharing

https://i.imgur.com/FCKlLXm.png

The game is fresh started with 4.10, I will cancel the mission, however this is not the first case on this campaign. Was asked to build a similar station at True Vision just next to the highway, costing over 3,000,000 to buy the plot which is not compensated with the new reward system. (I will make a different post about this).

Gimbutz
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Re: [1428]4.1 - Mission plot position impossible to build

Post by Gimbutz » Fri, 24. Sep 21, 16:27

Thanks for the report!

I've loaded your save and was able to place the station build plot at the edge of the marked area. We can't guarantee that the area is always empty, but in the vast majority of cases (like in this one), you can play with height and rotation to fit it in.

The mission reward includes a compensation for 100% of the actual price you paid for the plot itself, however, the cap still applies.

Panos
x4

Re: [1428]4.1 - Mission plot position impossible to build

Post by Panos » Fri, 24. Sep 21, 20:36

Gimbutz wrote:
Fri, 24. Sep 21, 16:27
Thanks for the report!

I've loaded your save and was able to place the station build plot at the edge of the marked area. We can't guarantee that the area is always empty, but in the vast majority of cases (like in this one), you can play with height and rotation to fit it in.

The mission reward includes a compensation for 100% of the actual price you paid for the plot itself, however, the cap still applies.
Yeah figured out to make the plot 1x1x1, usually fits at the placement process then adding the dimensions and works.

Thank you and have a good weekend :)

peteran
x4

Re: [1428]4.1 - Mission plot position impossible to build - Explained.

Post by peteran » Sat, 25. Sep 21, 11:39

This sounds like a bug in the mission director that should select unobstructed plots with at least 2+2 space in every direction. Preferably it should calculate the roughly needed space for the required station before adding it as a mission.

Do you have a save from when you've accepted the mission, but not built the station?

Return to “X4: Foundations - Technical Support”