NPC L/XL Ships Stuck Waiting at Player Shipyard Build Modules.

Ask here if you experience technical problems with X4: Foundations.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

builder680
x4

NPC L/XL Ships Stuck Waiting at Player Shipyard Build Modules.

Post by builder680 » Sun, 10. Oct 21, 16:12

I built an Asgard for the Terrans, and now it just sits in my XL fab bay with no orders. Is there a way to politely nudge him to leave? I'd prefer not to dismantle the XL bay and rebuild it.

dtpsprt
x4

Re: Get an NPC ship to undock

Post by dtpsprt » Sun, 10. Oct 21, 16:18

Does it have a pilot? You built it as an order or just for sale? If the Terrans ordered it on their own then, supposedly, they'll send a pilot to get it which maybr take some time. If you built it yourself either independently or as part of a mission, you should put a pilot in it and have it delivered wherever it is supposed to.
Take notice that when the factions order ships in missions (as of V4.10) they expect all the outfit slots to be filled, or else they do not proceed in the transfer of ownership...

builder680
x4

Post by builder680 » Sun, 10. Oct 21, 16:26

dtpsprt wrote:
Sun, 10. Oct 21, 16:18
Does it have a pilot? You built it as an order or just for sale? If the Terrans ordered it on their own then, supposedly, they'll send a pilot to get it which maybr take some time. If you built it yourself either independently or as part of a mission, you should put a pilot in it and have it delivered wherever it is supposed to.
Take notice that when the factions order ships in missions (as of V4.10) they expect all the outfit slots to be filled, or else they do not proceed in the transfer of ownership...
I built it as an order for TER. Dunno why I'd have to wait for a pilot, I have a lot of workforce so ships have crews when built. Guess I'll just keep waiting, thanks.

Edit: I just checked, it has a pilot and 267/361 crew. It could have filled up if it wanted, guess it decided not to. But it's clogging up my XL fab now, so I can't build the Tokyo I've been wanting to build. Might have to dismantle the fab and rebuild it.

Here's the save if anyone wants to take a look (vanilla):
https://www.mediafire.com/file/0w7zs3nt ... ml.gz/file
(just changed the link, I linked the wrong one at first)

Edit again:
(LINK IN POST QUOTED BELOW WAS BEFORE EDIT, it is NOT the correct save file)

It's been sitting there at least 20 minutes if not longer. I think it finished building around 20-30 minutes ago, I saw it under construction when I queued up my Tokyo. You'll find the XL fab at "Asteroid Belt Shipyard" in the property list.
Last edited by builder680 on Sun, 10. Oct 21, 19:15, edited 1 time in total.

dtpsprt
x4

Post by dtpsprt » Sun, 10. Oct 21, 16:37

builder680 wrote:
Sun, 10. Oct 21, 16:26

I built it as an order for TER. Dunno why I'd have to wait for a pilot, I have a lot of workforce so ships have crews when built. Guess I'll just keep waiting, thanks.

Edit: I just checked, it has a pilot and 267/361 crew. It could have filled up if it wanted, guess it decided not to. But it's clogging up my XL fab now, so I can't build the Tokyo I've been wanting to build. Might have to dismantle the fab and rebuild it.

Here's the save if anyone wants to take a look (vanilla):
https://www.mediafire.com/file/xb6m8u9c ... ml.gz/file

It's been sitting there at least 20 minutes if not longer. I think it finished building around 20-30 minutes ago, I saw it under construction when I queued up my Tokyo.
OK... so it's just waiting for an order that will, most probably, never come at least in my lifetime (I'm already 62)!!! Better dismantle and rebuild... and no, I don't think that putting a bug post is going to do any good... supposing your game is vanilla of course...

builder680
x4

Post by builder680 » Sun, 10. Oct 21, 16:42

Alright, I'll try that I guess. Dang it.

Edit: this worked btw, but I *think* it disappeared the Asgard when the deconstruct timer got to 0. I wasn't watching, but I see no Asgard anywhere nearby now so... that happened I guess.

EDIT 2: SAVE LINK IN ABOVE POST IS NOT THE RIGHT SAVE. Please use the save link in the post above THAT if you want to test.
Last edited by builder680 on Sun, 10. Oct 21, 22:05, edited 2 times in total.

euclid
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by euclid » Sun, 10. Oct 21, 16:50

Just hopp in and steer it clear yourself ;-)

Cheers Euclid
"In any special doctrine of nature there can be only as much proper science as there is mathematics therein.”
- Immanuel Kant (1724-1804), Metaphysical Foundations of the Science of Nature, 4:470, 1786

builder680
x4

Post by builder680 » Sun, 10. Oct 21, 16:51

euclid wrote:
Sun, 10. Oct 21, 16:50
Just hopp in and steer it clear yourself ;-)

Cheers Euclid
I can't, it's not my ship.

PrivatePanic
x4

Post by PrivatePanic » Mon, 11. Oct 21, 01:12

Ram it out if the way with a ship of your own? I know you can move another large ship this way, but never tried so far and don't know if it would try to return.

builder680
x4

Post by builder680 » Mon, 11. Oct 21, 18:35

It just happened again with a TEL ship in my L fab bay. Except, I checked the serial number and while I have produced several of that model, I did not produce one with that serial number. So, it appears to have docked itself in the L bay and had no orders since docking. Had to delete the bay and rebuild it, dang.

Imperial Good
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Imperial Good » Mon, 11. Oct 21, 18:42

builder680 wrote:
Sun, 10. Oct 21, 16:12
I built an Asgard for the Terrans, and now it just sits in my XL fab bay with no orders. Is there a way to politely nudge him to leave? I'd prefer not to dismantle the XL bay and rebuild it.
Moved to technical support as this kind of sounds like a bug report (including save). I also renamed the thread to better reflect what is being reported.

Sometimes ships will dock and wait for modifications/repairs. Make sure your shipyard is sufficiently well stocked to be able to complete these in a timely manner. Otherwise the ships may be stuck there waiting for parts.

In the case of the Asguard, did you decide to destroy the Yaki by telling your Terran handler? If so then it could be something related to that mission as the attack waves use Asguards.

Zloth2
x4

Re: NPC L/XL Ships Stuck Waiting at Player Shipyard Build Modules.

Post by Zloth2 » Mon, 11. Oct 21, 19:35

Did you try ramming with another L ship? I bump into ships when boarding them all the time, and they move forward pretty far.
"If you can't take a little bloody nose, maybe you ought to go back home
and crawl under your bed. It's not safe out here! It's wondrous, with
treasures to satiate desires both subtle and gross, but it's not for the
timid." ---- Q

builder680
x4

Re: NPC L/XL Ships Stuck Waiting at Player Shipyard Build Modules.

Post by builder680 » Mon, 11. Oct 21, 19:57

I destroyed the Yaki weeks ago now. And that wouldn't explain the TEL ship too in any case. I'm full stock on everything. I did not try ramming. Might next time. But my guess is a docked ship is considered inanimate just as the station is.

Return to “X4: Foundations - Technical Support”