Ships not executing orders, cannot sit in pilot seat (4.1)

Ask here if you experience technical problems with X4: Foundations.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

pref
x4

Ships not executing orders, cannot sit in pilot seat (4.1)

Post by pref » Sun, 28. Nov 21, 17:19

As in title, when i command my ships they just show command as ready, never execute it. When i try to personally fly the ships clicking the chair does nothing, the pilot just stays in place.
Plus game marked my save as modified, even though i have never changed the save file nor have any mods.

Is there a known workaround?
Can this be a result of save corruption? Do i need to go back with the saves until i find one that is not modified and continue that?
My last 2 saves have this issue, both created during the ter plot while standing in front of the commander girl.

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Re: Ships not executing orders, cannot sit in pilot seat (4.1)

Post by Alan Phipps » Mon, 29. Nov 21, 10:51

It sounds as though the ship/pilot is stuck in the process of a critical order (ie one that should not be interrupted - examples are docking and undocking, or exchanging wares/deployables). What do the ship's current orders say and what does it's behaviour tab say it is executing (and which you might be able to cancel there).

It is fairly strongly believed that a Terran background texture might be one factor in rightly vanilla games becoming shown as modded. (Thread link.)
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

pref
x4

Re: Ships not executing orders, cannot sit in pilot seat (4.1)

Post by pref » Mon, 29. Nov 21, 17:24

Thanks!

Regarding being unable to enter pilot seat: no critical orders were executing. They had a fly to/dock order with ready status but they never started executing it.

I had this issue with game turning itself modified again since.
I was wondering if it could be due to low disk space (windows ate up 15GB's somehow on the sys drive suddenly, where saves are also stored) but then the game would warn me about that.

Reading that thread another thing that came to mind was the hdd sleep timer, my mobo does not like my old hdds and they get spinned on/off very frequently unless i run hdparm and turn APM off or very low.
If really an IO delay can cause this i hope ES fixes it at some point as it's quite an evil bug.

Do i need to reload each save to verify if they worked out? Or is there an easier way around that?

Return to “X4: Foundations - Technical Support”