[1650]Split Vendetta - Coffin ship did not undock - Fix in a future build.

Ask here if you experience technical problems with X4: Foundations.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

nikos410

[1650]Split Vendetta - Coffin ship did not undock - Fix in a future build.

Post by nikos410 » Thu, 3. Feb 22, 18:24

Hello everyone,

first of all: I hope my problem counts as "technichal support", if this is the wrong place I apologize.

During the Split Vendetta story mission I have to launch an EMP bomb to trigger a signal leak on a coffin ship. If I undock in my space suit I can see the name and Icon for the ship but I can't see the ship itself (screenshot) - It seems to be docked at the big freighter (screenshot). I tried just launching an EMP bomb in the direction of the yellow square in the HUD, where the ship is supposed to be (I guess), but that does not work. I'm suspecting the coffin ship did not launch as it should have.

Is that a bug? if yes, how can I fix this? If no, what am I doing wrong?

Additional information: I'm running version 4.20 (465891) with German language, I did not modify my game using scripts or mods, I started this save without any DLCs a while ago and only recently installed both Split Vendetta and Cradle of Humanity. I did update my graphics card driver, but that did not help. If you need any further information please tell me :)

Thanks in advance,
Nikos

---
Edit: If you need to take a look at my save file, I've uploaded it here.

---
Edit 2: Apparently the links I posted stopped working, this one should work: https://seafile.nikos410.de/d/b7ccb8b90d9f4f6e8a34/
Last edited by nikos410 on Thu, 3. Feb 22, 19:42, edited 1 time in total.

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Re: Split Vendetta - Coffin ship did not undock

Post by Alan Phipps » Thu, 3. Feb 22, 19:30

Clicking either of your screenshots just gives me the message "Bad Access Token". Apparently this is a relatively common Seafile issue, yet the Seafile save link is fine.
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

nikos410

Post by nikos410 » Thu, 3. Feb 22, 19:35

Sorry, that's what I get for self-hosting I guess^^ Please try this link, it should contain all 3 files: https://seafile.nikos410.de/d/b7ccb8b90d9f4f6e8a34/

nikos410

Post by nikos410 » Fri, 25. Feb 22, 07:08

Hey there,

has anyone an idea what I can do? I've uploaded the current state of my savegame, it would be great if someone could take a look :)

Thanks in advance,
Nikos

izalith
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Re: [1672]Split Vendetta - Coffin ship did not undock

Post by izalith » Fri, 25. Feb 22, 20:06

Hello, sorry for the late response.

The ship undocking is a bug, but if you wait for a couple minutes it should repeatedly try to undock and at some point succeed.

nikos410

Re: [1650]Split Vendetta - Coffin ship did not undock - Devs aware.

Post by nikos410 » Sat, 26. Feb 22, 12:24

Hey there, thanks for your response! I'm afraid it does not work however. I've waited around the ship for quite a while, both in my spacesuit and in a ship, both with the quest active and without.

Quite a lot of the Patriarchy's sectors have been taken by the Xenon however, maybe something that is necessary for the story to continue has been destroyed?

Thanks in advance,
Nikos

izalith
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by izalith » Wed, 2. Mar 22, 11:36

nikos410 wrote:
Sat, 26. Feb 22, 12:24
Hey there, thanks for your response! I'm afraid it does not work however. I've waited around the ship for quite a while, both in my spacesuit and in a ship, both with the quest active and without.
Hello, I can confirm that the safety net to prevent this failed in your case and this is indeed a hard story blocker. I'm looking into it, sorry for the inconvenience.

izalith
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by izalith » Wed, 2. Mar 22, 12:33

This issue will be fixed in a future build.

nikos410

Post by nikos410 » Wed, 2. Mar 22, 16:34

izalith wrote:
Wed, 2. Mar 22, 11:36
Hello, I can confirm that the safety net to prevent this failed in your case and this is indeed a hard story blocker. I'm looking into it, sorry for the inconvenience.
No worries, thanks for your help :)

RekGamez
x4

Re: [1650]Split Vendetta - Coffin ship did not undock - Fix in a future build.

Post by RekGamez » Fri, 27. Jan 23, 22:47

I am having this issue as well left in my ship to get an emp cause i would not have been able to complete the mission otherwise and now it wont undock

izalith
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Re: [1650]Split Vendetta - Coffin ship did not undock - Fix in a future build.

Post by izalith » Sat, 28. Jan 23, 04:12

RekGamez wrote:
Fri, 27. Jan 23, 22:47
I am having this issue as well left in my ship to get an emp cause i would not have been able to complete the mission otherwise and now it wont undock
Hello, did oyu try this on the 6.0 Beta or on 5.0?

Return to “X4: Foundations - Technical Support”