BUG turret clipping/destroy station turret

Ask here if you experience technical problems with X4: Foundations.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Codale
x4

BUG turret clipping/destroy station turret

Post by Codale » Sat, 5. Mar 22, 12:32

Currently playing guild mission Terran vs Xenon. I was doing the Destroy 40 station turret on a shipyard and spent almost 3 hours doing it only to be cucked by clipped turret that I cant shoot since it is inside the station module.

Any recommendation on what to do or how to dedtroy that last turret. It seems like my only option is to abandon my 3 hours hard work. :evil:

Pls Egosoft fix this Bug.

Imperial Good
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Re: BUG turret clipping/destroy station turret

Post by Imperial Good » Sat, 5. Mar 22, 14:48

Turrets should not be clipping inside hulls. That would point towards the turret somehow being offset incorrectly or the attachment point being incorrect. If this is the case you will at least need to provide a not modified save so the developers can look at it. Screenshots of the offending turret might also help track down any issues.

As for work arounds, try hitting the hull of the station closest to it with powerful splash damage. Such as from S Blast Mortar, Torpedoes or Heavy Dumbfire missiles.

A11eycat
x4

Post by A11eycat » Thu, 23. Jun 22, 06:58

[quote]Turrets should not be clipping inside hulls.[/quote]
Should not but are. Last two turrets for the mission are inside the station and no way in for me. I stopped playing for many months after being frustrated by this. I thought I would see if the problem was resolved in recent updates. Nope, the last two turrets of the mission are in a closed section of the shipyard. I spent several hours clearing other defense turrets so I could crawl around the station in an M ship looking for a way in. No dice. Extremely frustrating.

Fun game to fly around and shoot stuff but I am giving up on following the storyline and missions because of problems like this. I have been playing an unmodded game up to now. Maybe I will explore some of the great mods out there for additional entertainment.

CBJ
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by CBJ » Thu, 23. Jun 22, 09:21

Things aren't going to get fixed if we don't know about them. As IG said, please provide a savegame so that we can see the problem.

Return to “X4: Foundations - Technical Support”