[Bug][5.0 Modded] Wormwood / Kriss Mellerd Story broken, can't access Terminal - due to 3rd party mod - see 1st post.

Ask here if you experience technical problems with X4: Foundations.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Starman01
x4

[Bug][5.0 Modded] Wormwood / Kriss Mellerd Story broken, can't access Terminal - due to 3rd party mod - see 1st post.

Post by Starman01 » Tue, 15. Mar 22, 18:48

Hi all,

not sure i'm eligable to post here since my game is modded, though I doubt it's related.

I encountered this story breaking bug where I cannot access the Security Console after she turned her back on me. The waypoint line is cleary drawn to the terminal, but there is no access symbol, and widely clicking doesn't help, there is no interaction with the gameobject. Leaving the office and coming back doesn't help either. Even tried undocking, but that didn't help either. Tried several reloads, and a restart, but the problem is persistent.

(Edit)

Anyone having this problem in a modded game, check if you have the "LT Manager Plus" mod installed. It's a simple cosmetic mod that just adds a Computer Terminal to the Managers Desk, but in this case, since Kriss Mellerd is the manager, the mod seems to mess with the managers office and disable the Story needed monitor. Disable mod before talking to her, and the story needed monitor will be activated.
Last edited by Starman01 on Tue, 15. Mar 22, 19:55, edited 1 time in total.

CBJ
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Re: [Bug][5.0 Modded] Wormwood / Kriss Mellerd Story broken, can't access Terminal

Post by CBJ » Tue, 15. Mar 22, 18:51

We'd have a much better chance of being able to help if you were to upload a savegame demonstrating the problem. The fact that you say reloading doesn't help is actually a positive thing here, as it makes it easier for us to see what's going on. :)

Starman01
x4

Re: [Bug][5.0 Modded] Wormwood / Kriss Mellerd Story broken, can't access Terminal

Post by Starman01 » Tue, 15. Mar 22, 19:02

Sure, no problem. But i have more than 20 mods running, so I'm not sure it will help much... Btw, I also tried switching the mission while standing in here office to reset the marker, but it didn't work. All I have is the waypoint line on the floor.
I just need to find a way to upload it.... give me a few minutes ;)

Starman01
x4

Post by Starman01 » Tue, 15. Mar 22, 19:16

Please try if you can access this file :

***link deleted***

This is a quicksave right before starting the conversation with her. In another test, i also created a save after the conversation, and before accessing the monitor. Problem is persistent.

Also, this is the list of Mods I have running (not sure all are compatible with 5.0, but sofar game runs fine, including VRO :

AdvancedSatelliteRange
ApologizeForAttack
better Scan Colors Light
BetterHandLaser
Choose your crew's race
EnhancedBailing
EquipNoRNG
Extended Conversation Menu
EctendedScannerRange
Faction-Enhancer (all 4 Modules)
Faster Crew Leveling
Faster Workforce Growth
Fix Illegal wares buy
Hazard Rework
Heavy Behemoth (VRO)
ImprvedRepairLaser
KatanaSTV (VRO)
LT Manager Plus
Legacy Music - Extended
Legal Inventory Wares
More generous Mission rewards
Mules, Supply and Warehouses Ectended
NoMoreCockpitChairSound (boy, I remember this one from the 1.0 release, THIS WAS NECESSARY :D)
NoMoreNotificationsSound
NoSuperHighway
Paranid Guardians (VRO)
Piloting Pilots
Recycle Ships and Stations
Scaleplate Use All
SectorSatellites
ShipSale Fix
Ship Variation Expansion (VRO)
Signal Leak Hunter
Sperical Long Range Scan
Station Module Build Time Reduction
X4 Fire and Smoke
X : Rebirth Rebirth-Effects
XR ShipPack
XR ShipPack VRO
iseeu0_Cheat
Last edited by Starman01 on Tue, 15. Mar 22, 19:56, edited 1 time in total.

CBJ
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Re: [Bug][5.0 Modded] Wormwood / Kriss Mellerd Story broken, can't access Terminal - modded

Post by CBJ » Tue, 15. Mar 22, 19:32

Right, unfortunately we won't be able to investigate that. Mods can indeed affect things like this, and we can't afford to spend time trying to reproduce problems caused by third party work.

Starman01
x4

Re: [Bug][5.0 Modded] Wormwood / Kriss Mellerd Story broken, can't access Terminal - modded

Post by Starman01 » Tue, 15. Mar 22, 19:32

Fully understandable !

Kintanar
x4

Re: [Bug][5.0 Modded] Wormwood / Kriss Mellerd Story broken, can't access Terminal - modded - Fixed ! Read 1st post

Post by Kintanar » Thu, 4. Aug 22, 06:34

I can confirm, the culprit is the mod : "LT Manager Plus"

Return to “X4: Foundations - Technical Support”