[1841] Plot works incorrectly if you talk with captain of Bestowed in Perpetuity on the ship bridge

Ask here if you experience technical problems with X4: Foundations.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

dmk
x4

[1841] Plot works incorrectly if you talk with captain of Bestowed in Perpetuity on the ship bridge

Post by dmk » Wed, 16. Mar 22, 11:41

Plot works incorrectly if you talk with captain of Bestowed in Perpetuity personally on the ship bridge
i.e. captain will redock(instead of waiting for you to undock) with Bestowed in Perpetuity, but ship will not have captain anymore, and quest stuck with suggestion to dock with Bestowed in Perpetuity.
p.s. workaround is to reload before talking to captain about evac, and do it remotely (with C) while in your ship undocked from Bestowed in Perpetuity.

tangoptp

Re: [Tides of Avarice] Plot works incorrectly if you talk with captain of Bestowed in Perpetuity on the ship bridge

Post by tangoptp » Sat, 23. Apr 22, 19:21

Had this same issue but I missed the opportunity to reload save. I ended up sending in a destroyer to blow up the Bestowed in Perpetuity. I had been angrily destroying modules on the ship and decided some firepower was needed to achieve catharsis.

Unexpected side-effect, when the ship blew up, the mission un-stuck and the guy messaged that he made his way to the station.
Spoiler
Show
No rep penalties for attacking or destroying the ship either, so happy ending and a lesson... blowing up stuff is always the solution.

Ketraar
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Re: [Tides of Avarice] Plot works incorrectly if you talk with captain of Bestowed in Perpetuity on the ship bridge

Post by Ketraar » Mon, 25. Apr 22, 11:56

You dont happen to have a save with the issue present? If so, please share it, thanks.

MFG

Ketraar

Nulric
x4

Post by Nulric » Mon, 16. May 22, 22:20

Ketraar wrote:
Mon, 25. Apr 22, 11:56
You dont happen to have a save with the issue present? If so, please share it, thanks.

MFG

Ketraar

Here's a save. 5.10, HF2, no mods. When you load it...you're right in front of the docking hatch for the Bestowed in Perpetuity.

Dock with the ship, which you can do. Then, talk to the captain and convince him to evacuate, in person on the bridge. At that point, he appears to just....redock with the Bestowed in Perpetuity, since it's the ship that you, the player, are on. You can't fly the ship and dock with the Tidebreak station. If you leave the Bestowed in Perpetuity, the quest objective changes to "Dock at Bestowed in Perpetuity", which you can now not do. Just says "Docking not possible"

This came about for me because I was REALLY trying to save the ship, lol. I would like a way to save the ship or even capture it if I could, but I get it, it's supposed to be destroyed to introduce the tide mechanics. I just feel sorry for the poor Teladi!

https://www.dropbox.com/s/raz311aqugiln ... ml.gz?dl=0

Return to “X4: Foundations - Technical Support”