[5.0 TOA] Can't Get Back to Leap Of Faith - Fix in 5.10 b1.

Ask here if you experience technical problems with X4: Foundations.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

nflszhu
x4

[5.0 TOA] Can't Get Back to Leap Of Faith - Fix in 5.10 b1.

Post by nflszhu » Sun, 27. Mar 22, 00:16

Not sure if I'm doing something wrong or if it's a bug, but it seems I cannot manage to go back to Leap of Faith...Things tried:
- Go through Anomaly right be fore the 1st "wave"
- Go through anomaly right after the 1st "wave" (i.e after the sector color changed to bright orange)
- Go through anomaly right before the 2nd "wave"
- Go through anomaly right after the 2nd "wave" (i.e. after the yellowish expanding visual effect moves past the anomaly
- Go through anomaly after both waves disappear and sector gradually becomes darker

Save right before the anomaly starts in a Kurakomi in front of the anomaly:
https://1drv.ms/u/s!AoT6Nmg1pfdysnyMTEb ... -?e=YskBO5

Could anyone shed some lights on what should I do? Thank you!

nflszhu
x4

Re: [5.0 TOA] Can't Get Back to Leap Of Faith

Post by nflszhu » Mon, 28. Mar 22, 02:38

Tried with a Barbarossa and still no luck...any help would be really appreciated!

Imperial Good
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Imperial Good » Mon, 28. Mar 22, 02:58

You need to fly through the specifically marked anomaly (not any of the 4 odd others in that sector, only the one Boso marked for the mission) while it is showing a visual static/electricity effect. Any other time it will connect you to a random anomaly.

For bigger ships to pass through the anomaly they require significant speed which might only be possible when boosting from a distance or in travel mode. It is usually best to use a smaller faster ship such as the Astrid to enter.

DavidGW
x4

Post by DavidGW » Mon, 28. Mar 22, 06:10

Ugh, darn.

I'm having this same issue, maybe I'm trying the wrong anomaly.

Silly me, before I went through the anomaly during the plot, I collected all my nav beacons thinking they'd be destroyed by the tide. Now I'll have to find them all again, now I know that they won't.

nflszhu
x4

Post by nflszhu » Mon, 28. Mar 22, 13:49

DavidGW wrote:
Mon, 28. Mar 22, 06:10
Ugh, darn.

Silly me, before I went through the anomaly during the plot, I collected all my nav beacons thinking they'd be destroyed by the tide. Now I'll have to find them all again, now I know that they won't.
Please let me know if you manage to go through - I have the one marked with a Nav Beacon as you can see in my save (should be the one towards the south of the jump gate, roughly at the horizontal middle line of the sector map)

DavidGW
x4

Post by DavidGW » Mon, 28. Mar 22, 23:42

nflszhu wrote:
Mon, 28. Mar 22, 13:49
DavidGW wrote:
Ugh, darn.

Please let me know if you manage to go through - I have the one marked with a Nav Beacon as you can see in my save (should be the one towards the south of the jump gate, roughly at the horizontal middle line of the sector map)
I won't be able to try until the weekend. I'm just hoping that:
1) The one anomaly I found using the long range scanner happens to be the wrong one
2) I'll be able to find the other 3 anomalies using the LRS, considering it doesn't work on anything else in Avarice

Thankfully anomalies don't seem to push things away anymore, so I can actually enter one in my spacesuit; the only way of getting my Katana back without leaving something behind (ignoring the distant end-game and hugely expensive PHQ Hop option :cry: )

VincentTH
x4

Post by VincentTH » Wed, 30. Mar 22, 06:46

DavidGW wrote:
Mon, 28. Mar 22, 23:42
nflszhu wrote:
Mon, 28. Mar 22, 13:49
DavidGW wrote:
Ugh, darn.

I won't be able to try until the weekend. I'm just hoping that:
1) The one anomaly I found using the long range scanner happens to be the wrong one
2) I'll be able to find the other 3 anomalies using the LRS, considering it doesn't work on anything else in Avarice

Thankfully anomalies don't seem to push things away anymore, so I can actually enter one in my spacesuit; the only way of getting my Katana back without leaving something behind (ignoring the distant end-game and hugely expensive PHQ Hop option :cry: )
Bosota will tell you which one is the correct one, IIRC.

DavidGW
x4

Post by DavidGW » Wed, 30. Mar 22, 23:54

VincentTH wrote:
Wed, 30. Mar 22, 06:46
Bosota will tell you which one is the correct one, IIRC.
The first time, when you go to Leap of Faith in the plot, sure. Boso Ta gives you a marker, and tells you exactly when to enter the anomaly.

On subsequent entries to LoF, I doubt Boso Ta will give you any guidance. (although I don't know for sure)

Come to think of it, it would be fantastic if you could re-activate the guidance and count-down, maybe by right-click starting guidance to somewhere in LoF, or in some other way.

A permanent mission to return to LoF that gives tide/anomaly countdown plus guidance (just like what you get in the plot) would solve quite a few issues, and might be the easiest way of doing it.

Ketraar
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Re: [5.0 TOA] Can't Get Back to Leap Of Faith - solved in future update

Post by Ketraar » Thu, 31. Mar 22, 00:27

This should work now in 5.10 Beta 1 if you want to test it.

MFG

Ketraar

DavidGW
x4

Re: [5.0 TOA] Can't Get Back to Leap Of Faith - Fix in 5.10 b1.

Post by DavidGW » Sat, 2. Apr 22, 03:11

Thanks, can confirm that at least for me, I can get back to Leap of Faith now. Anomaly has a sparkly effect when it's "stabilised".

The changes to TideBreak and Protectyon have made LoF quite lucrative, especially now I can actually resupply :)

Sandalius
x4

Answers in Farway System (STUCK)

Post by Sandalius » Mon, 4. Apr 22, 00:59

I am at the part of the mission where i must choose between helping the twins or being the good guy. I left Leap of Faith System to bring back a more combat cable ship but now I cannot enter Leap of Faith System again.

I have gone through the same portal after the "Tide" has past by but I keep getting jumped to a random sector. I have been traveling at 2,500+ in a M-class Ship and have even attempted it in my owl going 4,000+ but same result.

I have seen comments about there needing to be some kind of electrical discharge on the portal but have not been able to see it occur.

Does anyone have any ideas what might be wrong or if it is just a bug?

Imperial Good
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Re: Answers in Farway System (STUCK)

Post by Imperial Good » Mon, 4. Apr 22, 07:31

Firstly make sure you are using the correct anomaly. There are multiple in Avarice and only 1 of them is correct.

Then you are after modding your ship with exceptional hazard reduction mod. This makes your S or M ship completely immune to the tide damage so you can literally park in front of it for the whole duration.

Keep watching the anomaly. As soon as it starts sparking rush through. You have roughly 30 seconds to do this and it might be during the tide (still in hazardous region). There is a reason Northriver put such good shields on the Astrid that it can survive the tide without mods.

betablues
x4

Post by betablues » Thu, 12. May 22, 19:52

Well, I have read some good advice in this post about how to get back in to this sector. It just don't work for me.
I have reloaded at least 100 times and I still arrive in some other sectors. Never in Leap of Faith.
I know I just can teleport my HQ to the sector but the problem is, I have no Nav Beacon in there. :lol:
Is Egosoft planning to make a sort of update so normal people have a chance to get in this sector for the second time? or will it just be impossible to get to that sector again ? :roll:
I really want to visit that sector again because it is the sector with the best music

Imperial Good
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Imperial Good » Fri, 13. May 22, 02:59

betablues wrote:
Thu, 12. May 22, 19:52
I have reloaded at least 100 times and I still arrive in some other sectors. Never in Leap of Faith.
As mentioned it must be sparking. If it is sparking it will teleport you to Leap of Faith. If it is not sparking it will never teleport you to Leap of Faith. If it is sparking and still not teleporting you to Leap of Faith then that is a bug (any third party mods?).

I make it back to Leap of Faith pretty much with 100% reliability every tide. At least every tide I notice.

betablues
x4

Post by betablues » Fri, 13. May 22, 18:38

I have never seen it sparkling. Some of my many reloads I look for the sparkling thing for more than 10 mins. during/after the tide.
I only have one mod: the laser turret mk3. I don't remember the name of the mod.
But I have seen the thing pulsating or something like that but it does that all the time.

Imperial Good
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Imperial Good » Sat, 14. May 22, 10:26

As mentioned it must be sparking. If it is sparking it will teleport you to Leap of Faith. If it is not sparking it will never teleport you to Leap of Faith.

Are you sure you are trying at the correct anomaly? The sector has ~6 different anomalies of which only 1 can spark and take you to Leap of Faith. The one that can spark is the one originally taken to get there and is the one that was left with a damaged nav beacon nearby.

betablues
x4

Post by betablues » Sat, 14. May 22, 17:36

I was at the wrong anomaly :oops: :doh: . I just found the correct anomaly and got to Leap of faith two times in a row.
I didn't see any sparking though so it is still guesswork for me when to enter.
But all is good now. Sorry guys if I wasted your time. I am so :oops:

KhorsKan
x4

Post by KhorsKan » Sat, 2. Jul 22, 15:27

I'm sorry, but I'm going to continue the topic.

I can no longer find myself in the Leap of faith sector, yet I am on the right anomaly (the one that allowed me to go the first time).
And I no longer see the famous sparks that I saw too the first time ...

Question : Do you think I should try another anomaly ? I know, you have to use the one from the first time, but three waves passed and no sparks...

Kwoung
x4

Post by Kwoung » Mon, 25. Jul 22, 01:57

KhorsKan wrote:
Sat, 2. Jul 22, 15:27
I'm sorry, but I'm going to continue the topic.

I can no longer find myself in the Leap of faith sector, yet I am on the right anomaly (the one that allowed me to go the first time).
And I no longer see the famous sparks that I saw too the first time ...

Question : Do you think I should try another anomaly ? I know, you have to use the one from the first time, but three waves passed and no sparks...
Having the same issue, I am at the same nav beacon I used to go the first time, I am in a Astrid, there are no sparkles and I am on my 20th try now and am really frustrated. I have tried at all sorts of points of the Tide, beginning, middle, end, after the end and nothing works. I only have 2 other nav beacons in this zone as I collected up the ones that were not the one I went through in order to keep my confusion down. How do I get back?

Kwoung
x4

Post by Kwoung » Mon, 25. Jul 22, 03:28

Imperial Good wrote:
Sat, 14. May 22, 10:26
As mentioned it must be sparking. If it is sparking it will teleport you to Leap of Faith. If it is not sparking it will never teleport you to Leap of Faith.

Are you sure you are trying at the correct anomaly? The sector has ~6 different anomalies of which only 1 can spark and take you to Leap of Faith. The one that can spark is the one originally taken to get there and is the one that was left with a damaged nav beacon nearby.
Would you mind posting a screenshot of the correct anomalies location on the map please? This is the one I went through originally:

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/ ... 183539.png
Last edited by Terre on Mon, 25. Jul 22, 07:31, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Images posted directly to the forums should not be greater than 640x480 or 100kb, oversize image now linked

Return to “X4: Foundations - Technical Support”