[5.0 TOA] Can't Get Back to Leap Of Faith - Fix in 5.10 b1.

Ask here if you experience technical problems with X4: Foundations.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Imperial Good
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Re: [5.0 TOA] Can't Get Back to Leap Of Faith - Fix in 5.10 b1.

Post by Imperial Good » Sat, 14. May 22, 10:26

As mentioned it must be sparking. If it is sparking it will teleport you to Leap of Faith. If it is not sparking it will never teleport you to Leap of Faith.

Are you sure you are trying at the correct anomaly? The sector has ~6 different anomalies of which only 1 can spark and take you to Leap of Faith. The one that can spark is the one originally taken to get there and is the one that was left with a damaged nav beacon nearby.

betablues
x4

Post by betablues » Sat, 14. May 22, 17:36

I was at the wrong anomaly :oops: :doh: . I just found the correct anomaly and got to Leap of faith two times in a row.
I didn't see any sparking though so it is still guesswork for me when to enter.
But all is good now. Sorry guys if I wasted your time. I am so :oops:

KhorsKan
x4

Post by KhorsKan » Sat, 2. Jul 22, 15:27

I'm sorry, but I'm going to continue the topic.

I can no longer find myself in the Leap of faith sector, yet I am on the right anomaly (the one that allowed me to go the first time).
And I no longer see the famous sparks that I saw too the first time ...

Question : Do you think I should try another anomaly ? I know, you have to use the one from the first time, but three waves passed and no sparks...

Kwoung
x4

Post by Kwoung » Mon, 25. Jul 22, 01:57

KhorsKan wrote:
Sat, 2. Jul 22, 15:27
I'm sorry, but I'm going to continue the topic.

I can no longer find myself in the Leap of faith sector, yet I am on the right anomaly (the one that allowed me to go the first time).
And I no longer see the famous sparks that I saw too the first time ...

Question : Do you think I should try another anomaly ? I know, you have to use the one from the first time, but three waves passed and no sparks...
Having the same issue, I am at the same nav beacon I used to go the first time, I am in a Astrid, there are no sparkles and I am on my 20th try now and am really frustrated. I have tried at all sorts of points of the Tide, beginning, middle, end, after the end and nothing works. I only have 2 other nav beacons in this zone as I collected up the ones that were not the one I went through in order to keep my confusion down. How do I get back?

Kwoung
x4

Post by Kwoung » Mon, 25. Jul 22, 03:28

Imperial Good wrote:
Sat, 14. May 22, 10:26
As mentioned it must be sparking. If it is sparking it will teleport you to Leap of Faith. If it is not sparking it will never teleport you to Leap of Faith.

Are you sure you are trying at the correct anomaly? The sector has ~6 different anomalies of which only 1 can spark and take you to Leap of Faith. The one that can spark is the one originally taken to get there and is the one that was left with a damaged nav beacon nearby.
Would you mind posting a screenshot of the correct anomalies location on the map please? This is the one I went through originally:

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/ ... 183539.png
Last edited by Terre on Mon, 25. Jul 22, 07:31, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Images posted directly to the forums should not be greater than 640x480 or 100kb, oversize image now linked

Imperial Good
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Imperial Good » Mon, 25. Jul 22, 11:01

Kwoung wrote:
Mon, 25. Jul 22, 03:28
Would you mind posting a screenshot of the correct anomalies location on the map please? This is the one I went through originally:
Looks similar to what I remember. You can tell by the damaged nav beacon you left by it.

Kwoung
x4

Post by Kwoung » Tue, 26. Jul 22, 02:24

Imperial Good wrote:
Mon, 25. Jul 22, 11:01
Kwoung wrote:
Mon, 25. Jul 22, 03:28
Looks similar to what I remember. You can tell by the damaged nav beacon you left by it.
In that case my game is bugged then, I cannot return to Leap of Faith. It never sparkles and will not take me there. :(

Imperial Good
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Imperial Good » Tue, 26. Jul 22, 18:44

Please start a new technical support thread and provide the required information, most importantly the not modified save file which you think is bugged.

Kwoung
x4

Post by Kwoung » Wed, 27. Jul 22, 22:10

Imperial Good wrote:
Tue, 26. Jul 22, 18:44
Please start a new technical support thread and provide the required information, most importantly the not modified save file which you think is bugged.
Okay, but what is a not modified save file, they all always say modified. How do I get it to not say that?

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Wed, 27. Jul 22, 22:20

You can't make a modified save, or subsequent saves made in a game played on from one, ever show as unmodified again. Either your game and saves are actually modified play, or you have suffered an unwanted issue in the past when playing and saving in vanilla and have not noticed at the time, which might be a bit of a pity but is not a big deal if it doesn't affect your enjoyment of the game.
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

Imperial Good
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Imperial Good » Wed, 27. Jul 22, 23:36

Kwoung wrote:
Wed, 27. Jul 22, 22:10
How do I get it to not say that?
The not modified part is required to rule out the bug being a result of the modification that occurred or was applied to your save game and so wasting developer time trying to diagnose as issue that does not exist normally. An exception would be if you used a creative start and are sure no other modification took place so the playthrough is otherwise not modified.

If your client is loading as modified then you are either using third party mods or your installation is corrupt. You would need to fix this first and then start a new save and try to recreate the issue there before you can get more help with it in your own topic.

Return to “X4: Foundations - Technical Support”