Station defensedrones don't land

Ask here if you experience technical problems with X4: Foundations.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

WoodyAut
x4

Station defensedrones don't land

Post by WoodyAut » Thu, 12. May 22, 19:28

Hi,

Save at https://gofile.io/d/f97WiQ , screenshot at https://imgur.com/a/5kGBfXq
All the defense drones of my HQ are active, no enemy in sight, looks like they are trying to land (looks like on the 8M docks), added also a few more 3m6s docks, but no change....even after an hour they are just swarming around.

Best regards
WoodyAut

dtpsprt
x4

Re: Station defensedrones don't land

Post by dtpsprt » Fri, 13. May 22, 10:48

I find it totally "natural" given the number of ships attached to your HQ, the number of modules and the number of Defence Drones. All these ships plus 1000 Defence Drones(!!!) are trying to land. Even if there is a landing sequence they would follow they have to manoeuvre around every other object. If one of them can not solve it's flying path (happens some times) every other ship that is after it will stop and wait till the end of time...

Admiral Sausage

Post by Admiral Sausage » Fri, 13. May 22, 12:38

I've seen this happen before with my HQ. A couple dozen drones just hanging in space with the order "waiting for a free dock" or something like that. All the docks were free though, as I had ceased all trading at the HQ long before. In order to fix it, I had to personally visit the HQ, run to the terminal at each S dock, and recall a ship from storage. The stored ship would come up and then immediately be put back into storage, and a drone would come in to land.

WoodyAut
x4

Post by WoodyAut » Fri, 13. May 22, 13:05

Hi,

@dtpsprt since the drones are s-ships and all traders/miners at the HQ are M/L ships, there is no landing queue for the drones, and plenty of s-docks should be available for docking.

@Admiral Sausage - thanks for the hint, will try it...would be nice, if it will be solved by Egosoft with a patch in the future

Best regards
WoodyAut

WoodyAut
x4

Post by WoodyAut » Mon, 16. May 22, 14:53

Hi,

As suggested by Admiral Sausage i tried to reinitialize a few s-docks and also at two wharfs, but no change.
Even teleported the HQ to another location, but the drones flew again to the HQ.

Any other suggestions ?

Best regards
WoodyAut

wildxspace
x4

Post by wildxspace » Mon, 11. Jul 22, 02:45

had this problem on bid def station (100-500 drones with only 1 pad6S and lot of def module around it maybe blocking the pad access zone...)
I added 6 pad6S, called mass fighter in the area (100 fighter in my case), ask them to land on station, wait a bit, some dont land cause no free space, most could, then remove order and/or order to move away, they take off and drone can automaticly land after, no more defense drone stuck outside.
Dont know if the problem resolve cause of the 6 pads added or the "land fighter technik", try this with just 1 pad.
Dont know if the problem would repeat when nmly will come in the area and drone take off to fight them.

edit: some defense drone stucks again after some time, need to land some fighter on the station to destuck them

Return to “X4: Foundations - Technical Support”