Ship stuck "undocking" in space - Modded game.

Ask here if you experience technical problems with X4: Foundations.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Pitagora
x4

Ship stuck "undocking" in space - Modded game.

Post by Pitagora » Fri, 13. May 22, 10:26

I've done my research ad it seems to be a very old (solved) bug. Anyway I've got it in my up-to-date installation.

It's the first time in my 13 days gametime MODDED playthrough, so I guess it's a very rare happening and it may be due a mod.

The only solution seems to sell the ship but I don't like the idea to loose my 5 stars auto trader, and I'm here asking if there's a way to edit the savegame to remove the order. Tried fiddling with the xml myself but the best result was a ship without "clickable" orders but still "undocking" as current command.

I don't mind installing a mod to solve the problem since my game is *modified* already, maybe a mod that duplicate the ship and the crew and delete the stuck one, or a "force reset".

Thanks.
Ricarica et impera!

Admiral Sausage

Re: Ship stuck "undocking" in space - Modded game.

Post by Admiral Sausage » Fri, 13. May 22, 12:41

Have you tried getting into the pilot's seat yourself and moving the ship manually - maybe docking it somewhere?

CBJ
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by CBJ » Fri, 13. May 22, 12:55

I'm not sure what you're looking for Tech Support with here. You've already indicated that the problem was marked as fixed in the standard game, and your game is modified, so there's a good chance that one of the mods you are using is causing the problem. If you were able to reproduce the problem in an unmodified game, i.e. one started with no mods installed rather than one in which mods had simply been removed later, then you could post a savegame and we could investigate. Otherwise you would need to talk to the author(s) of the mods you are using to see whether they are aware of the problem.

Pitagora
x4

Post by Pitagora » Fri, 13. May 22, 14:55

Admiral Sausage wrote:
Fri, 13. May 22, 12:41
Have you tried getting into the pilot's seat yourself and moving the ship manually - maybe docking it somewhere?
Yes, he say he's busy and won't stand up.
CBJ wrote:
Fri, 13. May 22, 12:55
I'm not sure what you're looking for Tech Support with here. You've already indicated that the problem was marked as fixed in the standard game, and your game is modified, so there's a good chance that one of the mods you are using is causing the problem. If you were able to reproduce the problem in an unmodified game, i.e. one started with no mods installed rather than one in which mods had simply been removed later, then you could post a savegame and we could investigate. Otherwise you would need to talk to the author(s) of the mods you are using to see whether they are aware of the problem.
My game is modified, but not on ship behaviours, orders or something related, I've just added some ships, increased specific items drop rate, removed dirt on the cockpit glass... just small tweaks to enjoy the game as I like.
So, while strange interactions may always show up, the game ran very well for 13 playdays until this single ship (auto trader) decided to undock in space. In my experience mod interactions and incompatibilities usually start to float rather quickly and I doubt the mods have part in this specific issue.

Anyway I was looking for some help and maybe I've chosen the wrong forum, if you think there's a better place to ask for this kind of help, feel free to move the topic where you think is better.

Thanks anyway for your answers guys. :)
Ricarica et impera!

CBJ
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by CBJ » Fri, 13. May 22, 15:23

Pitagora wrote:
Fri, 13. May 22, 14:55
My game is modified, but not on ship behaviours, orders or something related, I've just added some ships, increased specific items drop rate, removed dirt on the cockpit glass... just small tweaks to enjoy the game as I like.
So, while strange interactions may always show up, the game ran very well for 13 playdays until this single ship (auto trader) decided to undock in space. In my experience mod interactions and incompatibilities usually start to float rather quickly and I doubt the mods have part in this specific issue.

Anyway I was looking for some help and maybe I've chosen the wrong forum, if you think there's a better place to ask for this kind of help, feel free to move the topic where you think is better.
The problem is that lots of people think that the mods they're using couldn't possibly affect the problem they are having, but a) they are often wrong and b) we have no way of knowing what those mods have actually done, so we can't put valuable developer time into chasing potentially phantom problems.

I can't move your post into a mod thread, because I don't know which one(s) you are using, so you'll have to decide whether you want to pursue that route yourself, or try and reproduce it in an unmodified game so that we can take a look. :)

Pitagora
x4

Post by Pitagora » Fri, 13. May 22, 15:53

Well I don't want to bother developers for my only stuck ship... Problem is I don't even know how long it's been stuck that way, I'm pretty sure I can't possibly reproduce the issue. Once you launch an auto trader you just notice his existance if he dies or if some minotaur rider comes too close...

I was looking for competent people able to tell me how to edit the savegame to remove the order, but now I see how much I was wrong choosing the forum section to do so. I'm really sorry about that.
Ricarica et impera!

CBJ
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by CBJ » Fri, 13. May 22, 16:16

Ah, OK. Then the best place to post such a request would be the Scripts & Modding forum. :)

Manawydn
x4

Post by Manawydn » Fri, 13. May 22, 18:23

Pitagora wrote:
Fri, 13. May 22, 15:53
Well I don't want to bother developers for my only stuck ship... Problem is I don't even know how long it's been stuck that way, I'm pretty sure I can't possibly reproduce the issue. Once you launch an auto trader you just notice his existance if he dies or if some minotaur rider comes too close...

I was looking for competent people able to tell me how to edit the savegame to remove the order, but now I see how much I was wrong choosing the forum section to do so. I'm really sorry about that.
See if out of sector "fixes" it. You may need to call another ship over to get you out of the region, or teleport if it is unlocked. Outside of that, try the official discord channel. You are more likely to get real-time assistance and feedback there. Be sure to post your entire extensions folder. "Some QoL mods" does not really help to isolate the issue, so it's easier and quicker to just simply present us with the entire list. Here is a link to the discord channel.

https://discord.com/invite/J8u6Kdc

If you use VRO, here is a link to it's discord channel as well
https://discord.gg/ApDsjuBF

Pitagora
x4

Post by Pitagora » Sat, 14. May 22, 11:35

Thanks for the infos!
Ricarica et impera!

Return to “X4: Foundations - Technical Support”