5.10 English: Boarding pods flying off into the distance, cannot be destroyed or anything.

Ask here if you experience technical problems with X4: Foundations.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Barbarossa0521
x4

5.10 English: Boarding pods flying off into the distance, cannot be destroyed or anything.

Post by Barbarossa0521 » Wed, 18. May 22, 07:14

5.10 English
Non-Modified
Untested Explorer start
As far as I can tell this problem is system independent.

They report in every 30 seconds or so and it is driving me insane. They are something like 2000km from a gate now, and autopilot won't even fly you to them anymore. Says they are an invalid target. Please give me some way to fix this! Really hate to lose over 300 hours of play, and anything that will leave my game with a modified tag is no good. I'm autistic and that tag on a game that isn't actually modded will also drive me nuts.

Save file: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1yUDKhP ... sp=sharing

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Re: 5.10 English: Boarding pods flying off into the distance, cannot be destroyed or anything.

Post by Alan Phipps » Wed, 18. May 22, 14:56

A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

Barbarossa0521
x4

Re: 5.10 English: Boarding pods flying off into the distance, cannot be destroyed or anything.

Post by Barbarossa0521 » Wed, 18. May 22, 20:33

I should probably mention, when I was still able to fly to them earlier with autopilot (though they were still very far out) it was impossible to shoot them, and they would teleport further away every 15-30 seconds. I should have checked external cam on one but I'm not sure if the models were even still there anymore.

Barbarossa0521
x4

Post by Barbarossa0521 » Fri, 20. May 22, 06:12

So, uh... Nothing? I'm just screwed? Doesn't seem to be a solution in the possibly connected thread either...

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Fri, 20. May 22, 11:42

The devs have looked at your save and the issue seems to be that some of the pods were launched at a fleeing target such that despite their best efforts they can't keep up with it and so are likely to be lost doing a pointless chase. With the current game limitation that boarding pods cannot be recalled once launched it is working pretty much as coded. The situation can usually be avoided by better boarding target preparation such as ensuring that its engines remain disabled from pod launch until attachment.

This is not the same problem as with the drones in that linked thread but is a quite different situation.
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

Barbarossa0521
x4

Post by Barbarossa0521 » Fri, 20. May 22, 19:20

I knew that? My point is there is nothing I can do now that they are so far away, it is definitely not working like coded (or at least, like intended I hope)... They are not actually chasing anymore, they are flying off into the void. They can't be destroyed anymore... did they seriously not notice that?

Barbarossa0521
x4

Post by Barbarossa0521 » Fri, 20. May 22, 21:41

Like, I've had the way you are describing it happen before and am aware of how to avoid it, and I've fixed it before by just destroying the pods if I couldn't load a save, but this time it has been a really long time, so loading a save isn't really an option, and I can't destroy them like I have every other time. Is my 300 hour game just over? Idk if I could stand just turning voices off.

Barbarossa0521
x4

Post by Barbarossa0521 » Sat, 21. May 22, 04:26

Ok, turned out I did have a save I could go WAYYYYY back to. I'm losing 6 hours of actual game time, though it was a lot more than that since much of it was spent paused managing and building things... thought at least some of that time was spent trying to fix this problem by first attempting to destroy the pods and then by attempting to find the ship that got away and cap it. Obviously neither of those worked, but at least there was still a save available after all this time. It really sucks losing all that work but I'm just thankful my game wasn't completely done for. Thanks for taking a look anyways. I definitely won't let any stray pods go for a while like this again.

Edit: It is my birthday tomorrow so I guess I can consider my game being saved my present! x-D Thanks again for taking a look.

Return to “X4: Foundations - Technical Support”