[BUG 5.10] Epilogue Consequences - Solved

Ask here if you experience technical problems with X4: Foundations.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Sprondar
x4

[BUG 5.10] Epilogue Consequences - Solved

Post by Sprondar » Mon, 23. May 22, 16:43

Hello, seems to be a bug with the mission to pay off the Vigor syndicate at the advanced satellite: I was at -10 rep after siding against the twins, and upon payment, went to -20 :(

Edit: Didn't realize the rep was locked to -20 upon paying them off. Just seemed strange because I was expecting a rep increase upon bribing them. :)
Last edited by Sprondar on Wed, 25. May 22, 23:59, edited 1 time in total.

Ketraar
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Re: [BUG 5.10] Epilogue Consequences

Post by Ketraar » Wed, 25. May 22, 12:39

Does your mission guidance point you to destroy a station? If so, that is working right, after the destruction the rep is unlocked. Once you complete the mission you should get rep update, if not please update this post and include your save game where the issue is present.

MFG

Ketraar

Imperial Good
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Imperial Good » Wed, 25. May 22, 14:56

Sprondar wrote:
Mon, 23. May 22, 16:43
ello, seems to be a bug with the mission to pay off the Vigor syndicate at the advanced satellite: I was at -10 rep after siding against the twins, and upon payment, went to -20
It locks your reputation to -20 (kill military only). Otherwise after 10 or so minutes your reputation will fall below -20 due to the scripted gradual reduction and the Vigour syndicate will start to kill all your assets, civilians included.

Destroying the station and paying them off will complete the mission chain and return your reputation to whatever it was when the mission was started.

Sturmer

Post by Sturmer » Thu, 26. May 22, 01:27

Imperial Good wrote:
Wed, 25. May 22, 14:56
Destroying the station and paying them off will complete the mission chain and return your reputation to whatever it was when the mission was started.
I'm sorry, but that's just BS. Either should be enough to recover rep. Honestly I'm p*ssed off enough to be stubborn and instead genocide the entire Syndicate rather than pay them off. I killed over a 100 enemy ships during my assault on that freaking sector and that's not enough? I still have to pay? Yeah, eff that, I'm gonna do me some genocide on some pirates.

PS: sorry, it seems I pressed "quote" instead of edit the previous posts. xD
Last edited by Sturmer on Thu, 26. May 22, 01:59, edited 3 times in total.

Imperial Good
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Re: [BUG 5.10] Epilogue Consequences - Solved

Post by Imperial Good » Thu, 26. May 22, 08:42

Sturmer wrote:
Thu, 26. May 22, 01:27
I'm sorry, but that's just BS. Either should be enough to recover rep. Honestly I'm p*ssed off enough to be stubborn and instead genocide the entire Syndicate rather than pay them off. I killed over a 100 enemy ships during my assault on that freaking sector and that's not enough? I still have to pay? Yeah, eff that, I'm gonna do me some genocide on some pirates.
The mission only asks for a few million. It costs far more to have a fleet capable of destroying the station safely anyway. The cost can easily be recuperated by using an Astrid to haul and sell protectyon to the trade station in Avarice which itself might be an exploit.

Sturmer

Post by Sturmer » Thu, 26. May 22, 22:17

Imperial Good wrote:
Thu, 26. May 22, 08:42
The mission only asks for a few million. It costs far more to have a fleet capable of destroying the station safely anyway. The cost can easily be recuperated by using an Astrid to haul and sell protectyon to the trade station in Avarice which itself might be an exploit.
15 mil. Eh, my entire fleet that I used consisted of 5 ships (Excalibur, 3 Ragnaroks and a Phoenix) and were capped. Plus I spammed dozens of laser towers and tracker mines. Brought my fps down to a crawl, but it was well worth it!

https://media.discordapp.net/attachment ... 49.011.jpg
https://media.discordapp.net/attachment ... 22.507.jpg
https://media.discordapp.net/attachment ... height=702

Then came the second wave when I attacked the station.
https://media.discordapp.net/attachment ... height=533

Didn't help them much.

After that I took the second Astrid and killed the last twin in his pod.
Last edited by CBJ on Thu, 26. May 22, 22:54, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Oversized images replaced with links

Imperial Good
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Imperial Good » Fri, 27. May 22, 08:03

Sturmer wrote:
Thu, 26. May 22, 22:17
Eh, my entire fleet that I used consisted of 5 ships (Excalibur, 3 Ragnaroks and a Phoenix) and were capped.
Both Excalibur and Ragnarok do not exist as ship types. You must be using mods in which case the balance and experience might deviate significantly from what the developers intended.

In the base game not even a single kitted out Asgard can reliably solo VIG fighter swarms. You need at least 2 such Asgards or the Erlking. If you own either of these then your total value is already in the hundreds of millions range so again the 15 million they ask is trivial.

I tried with an Asgard with 2 support carriers full of maximum spec fighters. It works reliably but with significant fighter losses. Again if you can afford this the 15 million needed to complete the mission is trivial.

Sturmer

Post by Sturmer » Sun, 29. May 22, 18:57

Imperial Good wrote:
Fri, 27. May 22, 08:03
Both Excalibur and Ragnarok do not exist as ship types. You must be using mods in which case the balance and experience might deviate significantly from what the developers intended.
Lmao, nothing really unbalanced about them. They're part of the XR ship pack, plus some weapons from Weapon Pack by ws. I don't play vanilla games anymore cause mods make them into the true enjoyment (plus fix bugs or features I don't like).

Excalibur (doesn't even have forward battery):

Ragnarokh:

The biggest problem of VIG squadrons are their missiles. When I tried sending this fleet in they got eaten alive by the VIG missiles.

Upon reload I went in, parked near the gate and deployed all the mines and laser towers I had (a LOT, at least 20 per ship) right next to my ships, plus set half the turrets on each ship to "Missile defence" the rest to "attack all enemies". Took a bit, I'm sorry I didn't record it, plus my frame rate went down to less than 20fps, but finally the shooting was done and my ships were still alive. Over 40 mines were simply gone, most of the laser towers as well. But so was every single enemy.

Btw., do captains get experience from passive kills from AA batteries when they're set to "attack all"?

Imperial Good
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Imperial Good » Mon, 30. May 22, 01:08

Sturmer wrote:
Sun, 29. May 22, 18:57
Excalibur (doesn't even have forward battery):
None of those turrets are standard. So again what I said before applies.
Sturmer wrote:
Sun, 29. May 22, 18:57
Ragnarokh:
Only standard part of that is the main battery, which should only be equip-able on variants of the Phoenix and might not even have original stats given how heavily modified your playthrough is. So again...

It is not really fair to comment about the balance of missions when very little of what you are using matches what the developers intended. If you were to do this in a not modified playthrough the 15 million payment required is pretty trivial compared with destroying the station. A single destroyer can easily be worth more than 15 million at higher loadout levels.

Sturmer

Post by Sturmer » Mon, 30. May 22, 21:44

Imperial Good wrote:
Mon, 30. May 22, 01:08
A single destroyer can easily be worth more than 15 million at higher loadout levels.
My point was it cost me very little cause my entire fleet was CAPPED. And thus cost only a fraction of those 15 mil (all 5 ships together)

Imperial Good
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Imperial Good » Tue, 31. May 22, 08:06

Sturmer wrote:
Mon, 30. May 22, 21:44
My point was it cost me very little cause my entire fleet was CAPPED. And thus cost only a fraction of those 15 mil (all 5 ships together)
If you are capping ships worth tens of millions fairly easily you can sell 1-2 of them and afford the 15 million. However as these are modified ships I cannot be sure of their value, and if that value of ships would be capable of conquering VIG with their missile spam in the base game.

Return to “X4: Foundations - Technical Support”