[#75]Zyarth's Coffin, sold the very last 459 weapons components but mission wont update - Fix in a build after 5.10 HF3.

Ask here if you experience technical problems with X4: Foundations.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

joulesbeef

[#75]Zyarth's Coffin, sold the very last 459 weapons components but mission wont update - Fix in a build after 5.10 HF3.

Post by joulesbeef » Mon, 20. Jun 22, 05:37

Newest build.

tried reverting back a a few saves before i started any trades but had already set my trade ship on its route, so did the exact say route and redid the entire 1000 missile and then 9541 weapon, went to get the last bit, and selected the correct, quest trade offer, sold it to them, but mission still says 459 left. But there is no longer a quest trade offer. i tried filling up their non quest weapons component trade offers, but that didnt do anything.

i plan to try again, this time filling the entire weapons component order before going onto the missile one, and hope changing things up fixes it this time.

CBJ
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Re: Zyarth's Coffin, sold the very last 459 weapons components but mission wont update.

Post by CBJ » Mon, 20. Jun 22, 09:55

We can't really help you without more information. With missions that people are struggling to complete, a savegame is almost always needed, so that someone can check whether there is really a problem with the mission, or whether the player has simply not met the requirements despite thinking they have done so. You'd be surprised how often it turns out to be the latter. :)

joulesbeef

Re: Zyarth's Coffin, sold the very last 459 weapons components but mission wont update.

Post by joulesbeef » Mon, 20. Jun 22, 16:48

when i get home, ill up the save but as for people not meeting requirements. its kinda hard to not notice, when i sell 500 weapon components clicking the quest icon with the little gold thing, and it drops 500.. and then i do it again and this time it does NOT drop 500, BUT the quest icon drops to zero and becomes grayed out, well it looks like i successfully made the delivery. Its kinda hard for me to not meet requirements when it worked for the other 10 deliveries but not the 11th. and the entire fact that both quest offers are now at zero but the quest giver still asking for the supplies.

going back a few saves actually made things worse, i tried delivering the entire 10k at once and it took it, but quest still asks for 10k rather than 459
Last edited by joulesbeef on Mon, 20. Jun 22, 17:22, edited 1 time in total.

CBJ
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by CBJ » Mon, 20. Jun 22, 17:18

Yes, but as you can imagine, it's also kind of hard to see why code that works 10 times would suddenly not work on the 11th time around, without a savegame to show what special conditions apply in that final case. Only then can we determine whether those conditions are caused by something in the game, or something the player did.

joulesbeef

Post by joulesbeef » Mon, 20. Jun 22, 18:59

ok here is the save. Redid it a few times different ways with no success. Changing up my trades lead to no success, she just never updates the mission after the final delivery. So whatever my last delivery size was, she still asks for that. And i give it a over an hour to see if maybe the mission was slow to update, or w/e. One thing the trade center was destroyed and was just finished building, or i think it was finished. Maybe due to it still being completed?

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1TVAd6F ... sp=sharing

a side note, i also have three astrids, though one i cant seem to board. This isnt game breaking or anything. Fairly sure this is due to the fact i immediately exited the area with the giant old station to do other quests before actually going to the station., when i started the mission again, it was like i hadnt done anything, same announcements from the tide guy but now there were three astrids.

izalith
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by izalith » Tue, 5. Jul 22, 15:23

joulesbeef wrote:
Mon, 20. Jun 22, 18:59
ok here is the save. Redid it a few times different ways with no success. Changing up my trades lead to no success, she just never updates the mission after the final delivery. So whatever my last delivery size was, she still asks for that.
Hello, can you provide an earlier save where a delivery still changes the mission?

izalith
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Re: [#75]Zyarth's Coffin, sold the very last 459 weapons components but mission wont update.

Post by izalith » Tue, 5. Jul 22, 17:44

Nevermind. The issue will be resolved in a future build. Thank you for the save!

However in your save there is not much to look forward to, as the follow-up mission will remain on Wait until it finds a Zyarth station. Due to the circumstances of your save this might be rather difficult.

Return to “X4: Foundations - Technical Support”