game not starting - Resolved.

Ask here if you experience technical problems with X4: Foundations.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

xforce
x4

game not starting - Resolved.

Post by xforce » Mon, 20. Jun 22, 14:02

hey guys, not been playing for a while on the steam version, on the new beta, all ran fine before, trying now and i just get game launching but it does nothing, no mods, verified files nothing.
was told on steam by someone to re set settings and config/ is that a thing to do? if so how?
thank you

CBJ
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Re: game not starting

Post by CBJ » Mon, 20. Jun 22, 14:12

It's really hard to help you if you don't supply the basic information requested in the very first thread in this forum, starting with your DXDiag and vulkaninfo.

xforce
x4

Post by xforce » Mon, 20. Jun 22, 17:55

aye sry not at pc for about a week sooo, i can say im using latest nvidia drivers and as said all ran fine before as does everything else, win 10, just says launching and does nowt else, oh well ill try n get back to u later, was hoping there were things i could have just asked my son to do np

Imperial Good
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Imperial Good » Mon, 20. Jun 22, 18:29

Restart computer and see if that helps. In case some file is stuck open in an application blocking launch.

The X4 settings are located in the documents folder. A usual path to them looks like Documents\Egosoft\X4\{Steam UID}. Deleting the saves and screenshot folders without backups is not recommended and can permanently lose you progress. Deleting constructionplans.xml or loadouts.xml will lose you saved construction plans/loadouts. I recommend trying to avoid deleting userdata_signed.xml as that will lose you all custom game start unlock progress.

xforce
x4

Post by xforce » Mon, 20. Jun 22, 20:37

great thank you, allready done the re starts but, i didnt look in docs before i left for the folder, just the steam locations, deleted old saves, and ask my son to run from the folder exe, as i donr that before and it worked, tried and its running again, thank you :)

Return to “X4: Foundations - Technical Support”