[#90]Superhighways in Avarice - more often sliding beside instead of going through

Ask here if you experience technical problems with X4: Foundations.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

WoodyAut
x4

[#90]Superhighways in Avarice - more often sliding beside instead of going through

Post by WoodyAut » Thu, 30. Jun 22, 19:15

Hi,

Not sure if it is just me, but for me it looks like the superhighways in Avarice are much easier to miss the highways entrance than in other sectors.
I am just using a bit tuned Nemesis (~3500m/s) at travel speed an i am flying through the superhighway entrance nearly in the middle, but still not transfered to the next sector.
Save at https://gofile.io/d/oK0tj2 (two seconds before sliding beside the superhighway)
Screenshot at https://imgur.com/a/O353DEF - in my opinion this should be fine for getting through and not to miss it...

Best regards
WoodyAut

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Re: Superhighways in Avarice - more often sliding beside instead of going through

Post by Alan Phipps » Thu, 30. Jun 22, 19:25

Perhaps you are going so fast that you miss the boundary detection in between frames? What fps are you getting at the transition (or not) time?
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

Nanook
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Re: Superhighways in Avarice - more often sliding beside instead of going through

Post by Nanook » Thu, 30. Jun 22, 19:27

I've noticed this, as well. You can still get the gate to activate at travel speed if you fly into or very close to the 'chevron' icon of the gate (although a very fast ship may fly through the chevron without actually touching it). Otherwise, as you point out, you tend to just fly through to the other side of the gate and stay in the sector. Not sure if this is just a hitbox issue or is intentional to signify a tide-damaged gate system. :gruebel:

@Alan: No other gates I've found in the rest of the game have this problem, as far as I've seen.

EDIT: It's possible it's a framerate issue only encountered by older, slower systems. Mines a bit old, having been built for Rebirth around 2013 or so (and upgraded with faster and more RAM as well as a newer video card).

EDIT2: On second thought, probably not. I've flown ships at normal speeds through those gates and ended up in the same system, simply by flying a bit to one side of the 'chevron'.
Have a great idea for the current or a future game? You can post it in the [L3+] Ideas forum.

X4 is a journey, not a destination. Have fun on your travels.

WoodyAut
x4

Post by WoodyAut » Thu, 30. Jun 22, 19:38

Hi Alan,

I have 30FPS at this time, which is normal for my configuration, and i see this issue only in Avarice....and right now i am using a kinda slow Nemesis, in other saves i had a speed tuned Moreya, which did not have this issue in any other sector, only Avarice....as Nanook already mentioned...might be really a hitbox issue.
Ok - i am not really hitting the total middle of the highway entrance, but this accuracy is only necessary in Avarice, nowhere else.

Best regards
WoodyAut

jlehtone
x4

Re: [#90]Superhighways in Avarice - more often sliding beside instead of going through

Post by jlehtone » Thu, 30. Jun 22, 21:49

I'm quite sure that "detection box" can be missed elsewhere too. In fact, I have a recollection of someone posting how they "slip through" superhighways of different DLC ...
Goner Pancake Protector X
Insanity included at no extra charge.
There is no Box. I am the sand.

Imperial Good
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Re: [#90]Superhighways in Avarice - more often sliding beside instead of going through

Post by Imperial Good » Fri, 1. Jul 22, 01:19

Noticed this as well. Specifically in the middle Avarice sector when going to the final (dead end) Avarice sector. That superhighway direction seems rather reluctant to pickup the player at times unless they align and fly straight through the middle.

Possibly related to rotation of the entrance?

Duncaroos
x4

Post by Duncaroos » Wed, 6. Jul 22, 03:05

WoodyAut wrote:
Thu, 30. Jun 22, 19:15
Hi,

Not sure if it is just me, but for me it looks like the superhighways in Avarice are much easier to miss the highways entrance than in other sectors.
I am just using a bit tuned Nemesis (~3500m/s) at travel speed an i am flying through the superhighway entrance nearly in the middle, but still not transfered to the next sector.
Save at https://gofile.io/d/oK0tj2 (two seconds before sliding beside the superhighway)
Screenshot at https://imgur.com/a/O353DEF - in my opinion this should be fine for getting through and not to miss it...

Best regards
WoodyAut
I also noticed this...I was flying Astrid tho so I thought I was getting a "too fast to register" kind of bug. Good to know this happens too for other slower ships too
Playing X4+All_DLC 6.20 Build - on:
CPU: Ryzen 5 5600X; RAM: 4x8GB DDR4 3200MHz; GPU: GTX 1070 8GB, Driver v516.94, DirectX 12.0; OS: Win10 Home 22H2 (19045.3086); Monitor: Single Acer S232HL 1920x1080

Duncaroo's Station Storage Estimator

WoodyAut
x4

Post by WoodyAut » Wed, 6. Jul 22, 09:45

Hi,

Yesterday i even managed it with a Raptor to slip beside the hitbox, and i was not far away from the middle.
So it is really not a question of the shipsize although the Raptor was at max travelspeed.

Best regards
WoodyAut

RoverTX
x4

Post by RoverTX » Wed, 6. Jul 22, 16:11

I have this same problem even at FPS between 60-90. I have to slow to a crawl, 50 m/s, to get them to work. It’s a pain when I am trying to make the tide.

3090 RTX with updated drivers. 10900K Intel CPU. Will post full info after work.

Return to “X4: Foundations - Technical Support”