[5.10 HF3] 'Avg. Group Shield' statistic returns incorrect values - WAI

Ask here if you experience technical problems with X4: Foundations.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Dj_FRedy
x4

[5.10 HF3] 'Avg. Group Shield' statistic returns incorrect values - WAI

Post by Dj_FRedy » Mon, 4. Jul 22, 11:16

Hello, this is happening in Vanilla.

Assuming that 'Average' is the result of adding two or more amounts and dividing the total by the number of amounts, I could say that something is wrong with the calculation of this statistic.

I have noticed this on ships with 'engine/turret' that equip more than one shield generator per slot, and it seems that instead of of adding and dividing by the amount, they just add up.
Selecting a single shield generator in any slot works as expected, but selecting more than one in the same slot results in the discrepancy noted above. The statistic is further skewed when 'equipping/dismantle' shield generators from different slots, even if they all have the same values.

This screenshot shows the 'inflated statistics' when 3 shields are selected for the same engine slot: https://imgur.com/a/XOvfcCA
The shield generator has a max shield capacity of 6,746 MJ, which is the value the statistics should currently reflect. Instead, the sum of the three shield generators is displayed, 20,238 MJ.

Best regards
"All my contributions to the Technical Support and Public Beta Feedback sections will be concise and to the point, no diatribes, that's what the other sections are for".
Thank you for your efforts.

CBJ
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Re: [5.10 HF3] 'Avg. Group Shield' statistic returns incorrect values

Post by CBJ » Mon, 4. Jul 22, 12:09

Within a given group, you can only ever fit shield generators of the same type, so an "average" for a single group would be meaningless; it would simply be the value for a single shield generator within that group. I think you'll find the average it shows is the average total per group, calculated across all groups. So if you had one shield group with a total of 10K of shields and another shield group with a total of 20K, then the average would be shown as 15K.

Dj_FRedy
x4

Re: [5.10 HF3] 'Avg. Group Shield' statistic returns incorrect values

Post by Dj_FRedy » Mon, 4. Jul 22, 13:03

CBJ wrote:
Mon, 4. Jul 22, 12:09
Within a given group, you can only ever fit shield generators of the same type, so an "average" for a single group would be meaningless; it would simply be the value for a single shield generator within that group. I think you'll find the average it shows is the average total per group, calculated across all groups.
I was certainly expecting it to be an average value for the group rather than the sum of all shield generators, here was my misunderstanding about it, since as you say, only one type can be fit and the average is not calculated.
With this in mind the statistic works as intended. Sorry for the inconvenience.
"All my contributions to the Technical Support and Public Beta Feedback sections will be concise and to the point, no diatribes, that's what the other sections are for".
Thank you for your efforts.

Return to “X4: Foundations - Technical Support”