[#125][BUG] A bug made my ship disappear! - Devs on the case.

Ask here if you experience technical problems with X4: Foundations.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Entharion
x3tc

[#125][BUG] A bug made my ship disappear! - Devs on the case.

Post by Entharion » Tue, 5. Jul 22, 13:25

So, I have a station in Second Contact Flashpoint II.
I docked my fully loaded out Cerberus Vanguard there to leave it parked while I go do the Experiment mission.
So I call my Eclipse from its storage and take off to Grand Exchange I for the mission, after finishing the mission and doing some other random errands I eventually return to Second Contact Flashpoint II to find my Cerberus gone! Including all the equipment, inventory and personell!
I thought I had maybe accidentally sold it or gave it some dangerous orders, so I reloaded the oldest autosave I had...
In this save I had just finished the part of the Experiment mission where I get the HQ.
In my personell management I can still see all the crew on my Cerberus except for the captain, I can't promote any of the crew to Captain.
I can view the ship's information and it says it's in Second Contact Flashpoint II but I can't click on any of the tabs...
On the map it doesn't show up, not in The property owned menu, or on the docked ships portion of my station either.
After a certain time, or maybe when I enter the sector it disappears completely including crew like it never existed, so I have a broken save where every time I load it my best ship (up to this point) disappears...

Now thinking back I was considering how the mission went... The ship that undergoes the experiment is supposed to be destroyed right? I went into the experiment before with the Cerberus not realizing it needed to be a sacrificial ship.
The mission guide told me to come back with an empty ship so that's why I took the Eclipse and left the Cerberus at home...

Could it be that the mission remembered the Cerberus from the first time and technically destroyed it and killed the Captain, and the game cleans up unused assets when you enter a sector or something? I still have the Eclipse that was supposed to be destroyed...

Xenon_Slayer
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Re: [BUG] A bug made my ship disappear!

Post by Xenon_Slayer » Tue, 5. Jul 22, 13:49

Could you upload that save somewhere so we can investigate. Thanks.
Come watch me on Twitch where I occasionally play several of the X games

Entharion
x3tc

Post by Entharion » Tue, 5. Jul 22, 13:59

Xenon_Slayer wrote:
Tue, 5. Jul 22, 13:49
Could you upload that save somewhere so we can investigate. Thanks.
Here you go;
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1_ucuTm ... sp=sharing

Thank you for looking into it!

Xenon_Slayer
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by Xenon_Slayer » Tue, 5. Jul 22, 14:58

Thanks for the save. Yeah, looks like the mission got a bit confused and still went ahead with that ship. The fact that you can see the crew on the destroyed ship is another issue. We'll look into fixing those.

Unfortunately, there's no recovering that ship or its crew. However:
Spoiler
Show
At the start of the upcoming Escape Plan mission, when you're told to fly to another sector, keep an eye out when you approach that location. There should be a ship near there to claim
Come watch me on Twitch where I occasionally play several of the X games

Entharion
x3tc

Post by Entharion » Tue, 5. Jul 22, 16:08

Xenon_Slayer wrote:
Tue, 5. Jul 22, 14:58
Thanks for the save. Yeah, looks like the mission got a bit confused and still went ahead with that ship. The fact that you can see the crew on the destroyed ship is another issue. We'll look into fixing those.

Unfortunately, there's no recovering that ship or its crew. However:
Spoiler
Show
At the start of the upcoming Escape Plan mission, when you're told to fly to another sector, keep an eye out when you approach that location. There should be a ship near there to claim
I kind of expected as much, I just hope my feedback can help prevent this from happening to someone else in the future :)

Thank you for the tip btw. :wink:

Return to “X4: Foundations - Technical Support”