[#1120]Trade Obstruction mission in Avarice IV is bugged - Cannot replicate.

Ask here if you experience technical problems with X4: Foundations.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

GigiBarosss
x4

[#1120]Trade Obstruction mission in Avarice IV is bugged - Cannot replicate.

Post by GigiBarosss » Fri, 22. Jul 22, 18:15

Trade Obstruction mission in Avarice IV is bugged. When I entered the system I got the cutscenes and the mission started OK. But at the step where I should pick the Teladi pilot from space, I was on his freighter convincing him to leave. then I went into my ship and to try to get the Teladi and it said he was on my ship already. He then says to dock at the Tidebreak station cause he knows someone the wich will show me his gratitude. I go dock at that station and nothing happens. My mission progress in the mission log is at point 4. Dock at Tidebreak. But the little messages window is stuck at the objective "dock at Bestawed in Perpetuity". Anyway, I can't continue the mission because it's stuck with 2 different objectives. I am not even able to abort it and start it over. Please help. I am unable to continue this mission chain.

I will attach the saved file. https://drive.google.com/file/d/17oT6N ... sp=sharing

davinator791
x4

Re: Trade Obstruction mission in Avarice IV is bugged

Post by davinator791 » Fri, 12. Aug 22, 02:01

Hi, I'm in the same situation...had to repair some leaks but one of them seems stuck inside an engine...

Ketraar
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by Ketraar » Tue, 16. Aug 22, 12:59

davinator791 wrote:
Fri, 12. Aug 22, 02:01
Hi, I'm in the same situation...had to repair some leaks but one of them seems stuck inside an engine...
Please add your save so we can investigate.

MFG

Ketraar

davinator791
x4

Post by davinator791 » Fri, 11. Nov 22, 21:28

Sorry, I missed this message, I went back a save after reading on the forums I should use comms to the Teladi pilot while being on my ship instead of using spacesuit to fly to the bridge of his ship. I was able to continue the mission afterwards.
Thank you.

Cloggin

Post by Cloggin » Thu, 23. Feb 23, 16:59

6 months later, just so it's echo'd: Trade Obstruction mission is in fact bugged. Recreation steps:

- Complete portion of the mission up until convincing the pilot to abandon ship
- Dock/Land on relevant ship
- Talk in-person to the captain to progress the quest
- (Cutscene will play, including a portion where the captain, somehow out of their ship, will be depicted in a space suit re-entering the (doomed) ship.)
- Quest prompt on HUD will be to dock at (the ship you're already docked); while quest briefing will instruct you to dock at Tidebreak; UNDOCKING kills everything at this point
- Being *on* the doomed ship, means when the in-person conversation happens, the NPC goes outside its spacesuit dock; but since you're on the ship, it rejoins "your ship" (the doomed ship) as a passenger
- Looking at the inventory/crew/loadout of the (doomed) ship, you'll see the captain is a passenger who cannot be communicated with; and if you've already undocked with the ship, there is no means (no crew) to dock with the ship in any way shape or form
- Additional bonus: if you get into your own space suit, you'll hear/receive/see several "signals" to be repaired, including noes that are below the surface of the visible ship, that once repaired, do nothing, and upon returning to your own ship(s), they respawn. One chorus of "You've Got Mail" away from pure 90s nostalgia.

Maybe if the tide fires, it'll kill the ship, start the quest over or take it out of your log? So far: no dice. Next test is to bring a fleet to destroy the ship or coax the xenon to take over the sector.

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Thu, 23. Feb 23, 21:27

... further saves showing the issue are always welcome.
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

spAde1871

Post by spAde1871 » Mon, 17. Apr 23, 02:59

I have the same bug. Cannot dock at Tidebreak. Cannot abort mission. Please advise.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1QapKIC ... share_link

izalith
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by izalith » Mon, 17. Apr 23, 10:59

Trade Obstruction being bugged after docking at the Teladi's ship is now noted as #1120 blocker.

Answering because of this though:
spAde1871 wrote:
Mon, 17. Apr 23, 02:59
I have the same bug. Cannot dock at Tidebreak. Cannot abort mission. Please advise.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1QapKIC ... share_link
Hello, this seems to be a different bug possibly belonging into this thread:
viewtopic.php?f=180&t=453949&p=5174893#p5174893

However, in your save I could not reproduce the issue and was allowed to dock on Tidebreak.
It's possible that this was fixed recently with a fix in regards to docking reservations (r497707) and will be fixed in a future build.

For docking problems please refer to the linked thread.

spAde1871

Re: [#1120]Trade Obstruction mission in Avarice IV is bugged

Post by spAde1871 » Mon, 17. Apr 23, 13:04

Yes thanks. I can dock with my small ship but when I order the medium to, it says it is "waiting for free dock".

izalith
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by izalith » Sun, 23. Apr 23, 21:23

Cloggin wrote:
Thu, 23. Feb 23, 16:59
6 months later, just so it's echo'd: Trade Obstruction mission is in fact bugged. Recreation steps:

- Complete portion of the mission up until convincing the pilot to abandon ship
- Dock/Land on relevant ship
- Talk in-person to the captain to progress the quest
- (Cutscene will play, including a portion where the captain, somehow out of their ship, will be depicted in a space suit re-entering the (doomed) ship.)
- Quest prompt on HUD will be to dock at (the ship you're already docked); while quest briefing will instruct you to dock at Tidebreak; UNDOCKING kills everything at this point
- Being *on* the doomed ship, means when the in-person conversation happens, the NPC goes outside its spacesuit dock; but since you're on the ship, it rejoins "your ship" (the doomed ship) as a passenger
- Looking at the inventory/crew/loadout of the (doomed) ship, you'll see the captain is a passenger who cannot be communicated with; and if you've already undocked with the ship, there is no means (no crew) to dock with the ship in any way shape or form
- Additional bonus: if you get into your own space suit, you'll hear/receive/see several "signals" to be repaired, including noes that are below the surface of the visible ship, that once repaired, do nothing, and upon returning to your own ship(s), they respawn. One chorus of "You've Got Mail" away from pure 90s nostalgia.

Maybe if the tide fires, it'll kill the ship, start the quest over or take it out of your log? So far: no dice. Next test is to bring a fleet to destroy the ship or coax the xenon to take over the sector.
After rechecking available saves for this issue and failing to reproduce in a new game, this bug is for now closed as resolved. If you still encounter the bug where Yololis choses a not player owned ship (his own) as a passenger, please provide a save.

For the "Cannot dock at Tidebreak" bug see this thread:
viewtopic.php?f=180&t=453949

Return to “X4: Foundations - Technical Support”