A Pirate's Life stuck? - Eventually moved on and improvements coming.

Ask here if you experience technical problems with X4: Foundations.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

kjackson1998
x4

A Pirate's Life stuck? - Eventually moved on and improvements coming.

Post by kjackson1998 » Mon, 25. Jul 22, 20:00

Please ensure that you provide the following information for all questions posted in this Technical Support forum.
Version and language (e.g. 1.0 English, etc.).
Whether or not your game is modified using any third party scripts or mods (see note below).
Game start being played.
Exact nature of the problem, where and when it occurs and what you were doing at the time.
Any possibly relevant changes you have made to your game, system, or software before the issue occurred.
Where appropriate, additional symptoms, error messages, links to saves, screenshots and crash dump files (see this FAQ entry).
Your system specifications in the form of a DxDiag report and vulkaninfo (see this FAQ entry).

Version and language (e.g. 1.0 English, etc.): 5.10 (479084) English
Whether or not your game is modified using any third party scripts or mods: No
Game start being played: Smuggler's Paradise
Exact nature of the problem, where and when it occurs and what you were doing at the time:

So I worry I borked my game. I played Smugger's Paradise and then went off to work on player station and such. Eventually I came back to the Arcadian Endeavor and collected all the missions. I started at least the black market contact and the hijack a hi tech wares mission. I did the black market contact partially, collecting and turning in 2 of the 3 unstable crystals. Then I went to bed and let it run. When i returned the black market contact I needed to turn my unstable crystals into had died for some unknown reason. Barfight?? But the overall mission (Dubious Dealings) seems to just decide that missionw as complete. Tho I never completed it. I worry I may have missed something further on that chain.

Secondly I did the high tech stealing mission with Ace. Found the trader, followed him, attacked him. This is where it gets fuzzy. I think I destroyed the trader not paying attention when Ace said to stop. Then there was a lot going on, and I think I may have engaged the Arcadian Endeavor and turned it hostile. I ended up running away. But now that mission is gone as well, and all I have is Dubious Dealings mission:

https://i.gyazo.com/09202bfb6dfe4ea07e1 ... 8097d9.png

Now when I go back here to the factory, nothing happens, whether I dock or just sit in the bubble:

https://i.gyazo.com/9e2b7dee79cb7e7d959 ... e0b248.png

When I scan the traders, Ace tells me none of them are the kind of trader I'm looking for, none of them carry high tech wares. So I guess that ship was special, but it's trying to start over or something. I did go back to where Arcadian is parked:

https://i.gyazo.com/c3fb09b3620e5a68180 ... 24b13f.png

And hailed Ace who is still flying around in his ship. He just seems to say that was an epic job and is much pleased. But that's it. And I notice there is a TEL Falcon Vanguard in attack mode on it. I'll go try to kill that next and see if it helps.

Tried to put dzdiag here as you request, but then the message is above the character limit. And I don't think you need it for this. So... thanks.
Last edited by CBJ on Mon, 25. Jul 22, 20:27, edited 1 time in total.

kjackson1998
x4

Re: A Pirate's Life stuck?

Post by kjackson1998 » Mon, 25. Jul 22, 20:08

Ok I went and murdered that guy stuck in combat with the Arcadian Endeavour but nothing has changed. Ace and the main ship just sit there. I go to TEL High Tech Factory III and whether I dock or just sit in space nothing happens. I can scan Medium ships all day long and Ace just keeps telling me it's not carrying high tech wares (which afaik is not a thing, I've scanned supercoolans, hull parts, and nearly everything. Will keep scanning till I get bored but I think I screwed up the special ship...

kjackson1998
x4

Post by kjackson1998 » Mon, 25. Jul 22, 20:14

And just in case anyone thinks it's valuable, here's my save: https://drive.google.com/file/d/15C3eC1 ... sp=sharing

kjackson1998
x4

Post by kjackson1998 » Mon, 25. Jul 22, 23:52

FWIW, and if anyone else runs into this... I think the fact there was no more further with Ace was a red herring and that was fine? And eventually I flew by enough stations scanning to find anotehr black market quest which restarted the Favour quest. I delivered the three unstable crystals to a new black market contact and now I seem to be moving on with Maestro with woodworm security protocols. So I think everything is fine now.

That was unpleasant having my contact killed.

AdrianH
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Re: A Pirate's Life stuck? - Eventually moved on.

Post by AdrianH » Tue, 26. Jul 22, 09:56

Hey kjackson1998,

I am happy the issue sorted itself out! I did have a look at the scripts and made some improvements to the way the mission handles for anyone else who could be running into this in the future, so thank you for the feedback!

Adrian

kjackson1998
x4

Re: A Pirate's Life stuck? - Eventually moved on and improvements coming.

Post by kjackson1998 » Tue, 26. Jul 22, 17:19

Thank you for the reply! Glad you guys care enough to look at little things like this that would confuse people :)

Fatsack
x4

Post by Fatsack » Wed, 14. Feb 24, 18:26

I'm having a similar issue where I'm stuck on the heist mission with Ace. there is not high-tech trader in the sector I'm being told to scan a ship in, and the quantum tube factory got hit by a xenon invasion. I've scanned several m-sized traders in other sectors that had smart chips, hull parts, engine parts and other higher tier components. Does it have to be quantum tubes specifically? Is it a specific named ship I have to scan? I'm stuck on this mission as well.

When I hail Ace he says something along the lines of "we could really use the revenue form this robbery"

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Wed, 14. Feb 24, 18:43

@ Fatsack: This is a rather outdated thread now that was already addressed, so it would have better to start your own thread and provide the necessary evidence. The devs will never know what is going on or going wrong in your specific game without a link to a vanilla save showing the issue.
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

Return to “X4: Foundations - Technical Support”