[5.10 HF3] Trade filter - add wares - doesn't show all wares = WAI

Ask here if you experience technical problems with X4: Foundations.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

user1679

[5.10 HF3] Trade filter - add wares - doesn't show all wares = WAI

Post by user1679 » Tue, 2. Aug 22, 04:32

x4: 5.10 HF3

Bug:

The "add wares" dialog on the map's trade filter does not list all known wares**

** by known wares, I mean ones I've encountered in game, not every possible ware available.

Detail:

In my inventory I have some of each crystal mined from asteroids, spacefly eggs and herbicide. I wanted to see what station is buying these
for the best price.

First, I noticed none of these are in the "add wares" menu. Second, when I directly type them into the search box, all stations disappear off
the map. One would think this is because they're not buying these wares, but they are. In fact, I can land at any station and sell my inventory
of crystals for over 7 mil Cr.

As for the spacefly eggs, I am in a sector where those aren't illegal so I don't believe that's an issue. Also, I set the minimum volume to "none"
and the number of offers to 5 and I had "containers" type selected.

Scoob
x4

Re: [Bug][5.10 HF3] Trade filter - add wares - doesn't show all wares

Post by Scoob » Tue, 2. Aug 22, 15:30

Those wares are not regular trade wares but personal inventory, they can be sold in person at a Trader's Corner for example. Many are also used in crafting.

CBJ
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Re: [Bug][5.10 HF3] Trade filter - add wares - doesn't show all wares

Post by CBJ » Tue, 2. Aug 22, 15:48

As Scoob said, the map only shows station trade offers. It doesn't show inventory trades involving individuals on that station, and that is intentional.

user1679

Re: [5.10 HF3] Trade filter - add wares - doesn't show all wares = WAI

Post by user1679 » Wed, 3. Aug 22, 03:57

Interesting, thanks.

I was trying to find the best place to sell the crystals when I noticed there was no category for them. I was under the impression that
anything that had a price would be able to be filtered on, I thought it was like the ship comparison window where you couldn't select
something until you actually encountered it.

Return to “X4: Foundations - Technical Support”