[5.10 HF3]Game modifying save file by it self

Ask here if you experience technical problems with X4: Foundations.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

wersal454
x4

[5.10 HF3]Game modifying save file by it self

Post by wersal454 » Tue, 9. Aug 22, 22:35

• 5.10 HF3 russian
  • Game is not modified
  • Custom gamestart budgeted
  • Game modifying save file(save have "modified" mark). It happens during mission "a matter of respect" when you meet Gride for the first time(i dont know exact name of the mission in english because im playing russian version)
  • I have only one save file near that moment, I just couldn't find it in documents/egosoft directory
  • Can provide video or logs upon request.

CBJ
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Re: [5.10 HF3]Game modifying save file by it self

Post by CBJ » Tue, 9. Aug 22, 23:52

If you think it's repeatable, then what we really need is the savegame, uploaded somewhere reputable and linked here. The saves are located in the Documents\Egosoft\X4\[YourSteamID]\save folder.

Imperial Good
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Imperial Good » Wed, 10. Aug 22, 00:47

Some additional things to try if the modification warning dialog pops up frequently...
Try ruling out file corruption by verifying the integrity of your X4 install. If verification finds no errors then this can be ruled out as a cause.

If your memory is overclocked, especially recently or if running beyond CPU supported transfer rates, try reverting it to stock performance to rule out unstable memory. If the mod warning still occurs then this can be ruled out as a cause and your memory overclocking settings are probably stable.

Some people have had issues with cloud storage solutions and antivirus software interfering with X4 by preventing it from loading files correctly and as a result become marked as modified. Try adding the install folder to the exclusion list for such software. If the mod warning still occurs then this can be ruled out as a cause and you can remove it from the exclusion list if you so choose.

wersal454
x4

Post by wersal454 » Wed, 10. Aug 22, 12:25

Checked game files as suggested all good.
here savefiles https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/ ... sp=sharing
  • 007 is before questline starts.
  • 008 right before mission starts.
  • 009 right after mission starts.
  • 003 and 004 before the crucial moment.
  • 001 and quicksave right after.
This time game didn't marked savefiles as modified(usually it happens some time after).
I'll continue to play those saves and if modified mark pop up i make post and update google drive folder

Return to “X4: Foundations - Technical Support”