Freighter Cargo Drones get lost

Ask here if you experience technical problems with X4: Foundations.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

nick75
x3

Freighter Cargo Drones get lost

Post by nick75 » Wed, 10. Aug 22, 12:39

August 10, 2022. Vanilla Game, fully updated.

L-Freighters' Cargo Drones get lost when exchanging wares with Build Storages (Station Building Storages).

Both AI and your own L-Freighters are loosing their Cargo Drones when carrying/exchanging wares with any Build Storage.

Happens with the useless Erlking too.

Not only the Drones are lost but also the wares they are transferring.
This is annoying for 2 reasons:
1 - if the Freightes is yours you need to reload Cargo Drones on it;
2 - the wares are lost too, so you will need to get/buy them again too (if the Storage Building is one of your own Stations' one, the wares they were transferring are lost and you will wait and pay again for another deliver).

This usually happens. I have checked it happening again and again on my own and AI ships too in free of any threat space (no attacks happening by any enemy).
Last edited by nick75 on Wed, 10. Aug 22, 18:45, edited 1 time in total.

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Re: Freighter Cargo Drones get lost

Post by Alan Phipps » Wed, 10. Aug 22, 18:02

Has the sector map expanded and are there any thin clear lines radiating outwards through the fog of war around the edges of the expanded sector? If so, then it may be this general drone disappearance issue at play.
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

nick75
x3

Post by nick75 » Wed, 10. Aug 22, 18:43

Alan Phipps wrote:
Wed, 10. Aug 22, 18:02
Has the sector map expanded and are there any thin clear lines radiating outwards through the fog of war around the edges of the expanded sector? If so, then it may be this general drone disappearance issue at play.
No.

It's simply happening during the deliver.

Ships dock to the Building Storages. Starts unloading. Drones disappear along with wares they carry. Lost drones, lost wares.

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Wed, 10. Aug 22, 21:10

If you can upload and link a vanilla save made just before this problem will reliably happen on loading the save then you will really help the devs to investigate it.

nick75
x3

Post by nick75 » Wed, 10. Aug 22, 22:15

Alan Phipps wrote:
Wed, 10. Aug 22, 21:10
If you can upload and link a vanilla save made just before this problem will reliably happen on loading the save then you will really help the devs to investigate it.
This always happens.
For now I have no more stations being built.
I will try to arrange something more about this tomorrow along with a save.

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Wed, 10. Aug 22, 23:03

Thanks, although you don't need to be building a station to transfer wares from an L ship to a build storage via cargodrones. You would have to be in high attention ie close IS or remote watching for the drones to even deploy though.

nick75
x3

Post by nick75 » Thu, 11. Aug 22, 00:42

Alan Phipps wrote:
Wed, 10. Aug 22, 23:03
Thanks, although you don't need to be building a station to transfer wares from an L ship to a build storage via cargodrones. You would have to be in high attention ie close IS or remote watching for the drones to even deploy though.
Ok got it.
I guess this is the problem then as each time the drones went missing I was "remote watching" the deliver.
I will do my checks and update with results.
Thank you.

EDIT:
I did my check and actually it's right:
- the issue happens when you are close enough to peek the exchange or when you use the "External View" on the L+-ship doing the delivery. -
If you are not too close or remote-watching, everything goes right with no issues at all.
So ok, I guess I now know my lesson: don't peek the delivery (even if you can) and stay right away.

Thank you for your time.

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Thu, 11. Aug 22, 09:22

It is still a bug if you are close IS/watching though, so the save where it is reliably about to happen would still be appreciated by the devs.

nick75
x3

Post by nick75 » Thu, 11. Aug 22, 11:11

Alan Phipps wrote:
Thu, 11. Aug 22, 09:22
It is still a bug if you are close IS/watching though, so the save where it is reliably about to happen would still be appreciated by the devs.
Of course.
When I will have some spare time to check this thing happening again I will send a save.
Thank you.

Return to “X4: Foundations - Technical Support”