[#150][BUG] High Tech Trader is still deleted in ver 5.1 (497084) - Dev explains.

Ask here if you experience technical problems with X4: Foundations.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

jimmybobkins
x4

[#150][BUG] High Tech Trader is still deleted in ver 5.1 (497084) - Dev explains.

Post by jimmybobkins » Thu, 11. Aug 22, 15:07

In the Avarice story mission
Spoiler
Show
A Pirates Life, for The Ace's section of it, a High tech trader spawns.
If you force the pilot to bail, and you take the ship, it can be deleted by a script with all crew and cargo on board, even after my previous bug report and fix on this exact issue.

In my testing it seems that the ship can be saved from this deletion if you get into the ship and take control of it yourself, and then relinquish it to NPC Pilots. In the linked save file I have already forced the pilot to bail and am yet to claim the ship. To replicate the issue, repair the data leak, get back in the Misfit, and fly off. In my normal play
Spoiler
Show
I would dump the microchips I have already collected on Misfit, assign Misfit's Pilot to the High tech trader, have him collect all the microchips in the area, including the ones that Ace left behind, then sell them at the nearby claytronics factory while I go off and do the data vault, then rendezvous with the High Tech trader to have them collect cargo from the station in the Axiom's segment of the quest. But the Trader never arrives, because it is usually deleted at the claytronics factory before completing it's trades
Save file:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/esitvl59hryr6 ... ml.gz?dl=0

In my playthrus I like to take ships as souvenirs from any story mission that will allow you to take a ship, so I find this bug particularly irksome.

dtpsprt
x4

Re: [BUG] High Tech Trader is still deleted in ver 5.1 (497084)

Post by dtpsprt » Fri, 12. Aug 22, 22:58

I played a bit with your save file and noticed that the ship gets deleted anyway once it gets into internal storage, even after I took personally control of it and then handed it over to the pilot(!!!).

Not sure if this is a bug or intended...

jimmybobkins
x4

Re: [BUG] High Tech Trader is still deleted in ver 5.1 (497084)

Post by jimmybobkins » Sat, 13. Aug 22, 15:22

dtpsprt wrote:
Fri, 12. Aug 22, 22:58
Not sure if this is a bug or intended...
It's definitely not intended because they tried to fix it already once in Version: 5.00 HF 1 (475121) - 2022-03-15

"Fixed captured High-Tech Traders disappearing in High-Tech Hold-Up mission of Pirate story."

rboerdijk
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Re: [#150][BUG] High Tech Trader is still deleted in ver 5.1 (497084)

Post by rboerdijk » Tue, 11. Oct 22, 17:32

Hey there, these "High Tech Traders" should not be capturable.

These ships are spawned on the station because otherwise it would be unreasonable to ask players to wait for such a ship to coincidentally fly to the station.
After they are spawned, they should fly somewhere (avoiding highways), intentionally to a destination on the outskirts of a sector (to make it likely they are out of range of stations), and then dock and "disappear".

In an earlier version it was possible to capture them. Due to a bug in patching it might still have been possible to capture such ships which were already on their way, and those could be captured and might still have disappeared.
With newer saves this shouldn't be possible anymore (and the existing saves should fix themselves over time, either by those ships disappearing, or by creative players finding ways to gain control over them :wink: ).

I'll add a fix to the patchcode, but that'd basically only work for people who stopped playing until whenever we release our next version.

Return to “X4: Foundations - Technical Support”