Station Trader wrong price

Ask here if you experience technical problems with X4: Foundations.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Shoam2B

Station Trader wrong price

Post by Shoam2B » Sat, 13. Aug 22, 02:10

Hello all...

I own an Advanced electronics factory. and i gave the manager some M Trade ships... i have set the sell price to manual (1,318 the Max)...
He took the first units (62) and took them to the nerest trading station and sold them.
before he got there i looked at the trade offer of that trading station for Advanced electronics and it was 952.
and indeed after the trade, iv looked at my factory transactions and the total profit of that run was 59,033.

Why in the station transactions log we have more detail for stuff the he buy but not stuff that he sell...?!

Imperial Good
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Re: Station Trader wrong price

Post by Imperial Good » Sat, 13. Aug 22, 05:37

Confirm that the trader is ignoring the price regularly and not just a once off. If it was once off it could be that sell price changes might not be applied instantly to subordinate traders.

If it is happening regularly, I recommend providing a link to a not modified save for the developers to debug the issue. Services like onedrive, google drive or dropbox can be used to host the save file. If you are using mods then chances are one of the mods is causing the issue.

dtpsprt
x4

Post by dtpsprt » Sat, 13. Aug 22, 07:00

The Buy/Sell prices are fixed at the moment of the decision making (like when the Manager sent the ship to sell, not when you noticed it).

Due to price flactuations, since it is a live economy, by the (even) seconds it took you to see the coming trade and make the visual check on prices they can have drastically changed, like an NPC Trader bought a lot of Advanced Electronics from the Trade Station you were selling to raising the price but it will not affect the agreed price between your Station and the target one...

Imperial Good
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Imperial Good » Sat, 13. Aug 22, 07:36

dtpsprt wrote:
Sat, 13. Aug 22, 07:00
Due to price flactuations, since it is a live economy, by the (even) seconds it took you to see the coming trade and make the visual check on prices they can have drastically changed, like an NPC Trader bought a lot of Advanced Electronics from the Trade Station you were selling to raising the price but it will not affect the agreed price between your Station and the target one...
Trade stations usually charge average price and do not vary their price based on supply and demand. There are a few exceptions to this rule, such as Nividium, but for most wares this is the case. This is how the player can make so much money selling just to trade stations.

Shoam2B

Post by Shoam2B » Sat, 13. Aug 22, 11:39

Thanks for the replay. it happened twice, i change the manual price down to lowest and back to highs. and looks like it stops.

Maybe the fact that i set the manual price of the station way before the station got built??!

Ketraar
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by Ketraar » Tue, 16. Aug 22, 12:13

If this is still an issue please provide a save where this can reproduced, or at least some screenshots.

MFG

Ketraar

Return to “X4: Foundations - Technical Support”