My Equipment Dock is Stuck

This forum is the ideal place for all discussion relating to X4. You will also find additional information from developers here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

jojorne
x4

My Equipment Dock is Stuck

Post by jojorne » Sat, 13. Aug 22, 23:02

I thought you could build a normal dock for Shipping and Receiving/Loading goods but... Uh... Here is my save file for download.

PS.: It's easy to solve this. Just remove excess orders or use a different size of trader ship (in this case a L ship).

Imperial Good
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Re: My Equipment Dock is Stuck

Post by Imperial Good » Sun, 14. Aug 22, 09:41

They should use normal docks still. That said with that much traffic you are looking at multiple normal docks at least.

jojorne
x4

Post by jojorne » Mon, 15. Aug 22, 06:44

Imperial Good wrote:
Sun, 14. Aug 22, 09:41
They should use normal docks still. That said with that much traffic you are looking at multiple normal docks at least.
Yes, they came to buy laser towers. They used all available docks and then were sent to internal storage until there were no more slots left. Eventually, the station's energy cells ran out. As there were no free slots to dock, the station could not be resupplied. So I built a regular dock thinking they wouldn't use it to buy laser towers, but to resupply the station. Turns out they used the regular dock to dock and buy laser towers as well. The good news was that the internal storage capacity has increased but the bad news was that moving ships around takes a long time. The solution I found was to use L ships to resupply the station as the docks for L ships were free. As space was freed up on the docks, the speed at which they were ready to leave increased.

Ketraar
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by Ketraar » Tue, 16. Aug 22, 11:18

Many of these ships have repair/upgrade order so they are waiting for wares, if you cancel the repair and send the docked ships out you see that the others will start to dock.

MFG

Ketraar

jojorne
x4

Post by jojorne » Wed, 24. Aug 22, 20:33

Not sure if it still matters, but I kept doing tests and it was beautiful to watch the ships come in, dock, upgrade and leave. The new test had 300 ships and was with a single Euip. module and no other M docks with 3x L storage. The results was as long as the station had resources available to build the new equipment upgrades, the dock did not get stuck. Had a top of 23 ships docked at the same time.

jojorne
x4

Terran Wharf is Stuck after sending 400x ships

Post by jojorne » Sun, 4. Sep 22, 10:18

I don't want to sound old but I went to the Terran Wharf that got stuck after sending tons of ships to upgrade there.
I went there because the Wharf had stored 127 of 130 ships and was doing nothing. It had a full resources storage. Energy cells, everything.
I removed all orders then I told them to upgrade again like Ketraar said. This unstuck the Wharf. While it had resources, all work as expected.
But then, when the Energy Cells of the Terran's Wharf was not enough,
the Wharf started to do something strange. It begin to store and unstore the same ship.
Over and over again, all the ships docked there was doing this in an infinite loop.
By using the elevator to move to another place then back, the Wharf stopped doing that.

But it was working, it was upgrading ships and eventually it cleared itself...

It's just strange that after it was unstuck it was storing and removing from the store the same ship. It was doing this in all docks, over and over again.

Return to “X4: Foundations”