Crash in plan build on destroyed station

Ask here if you experience technical problems with X4: Foundations.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

immesys_

Crash in plan build on destroyed station

Post by immesys_ » Mon, 15. Aug 22, 02:45

I had one of my stations get destroyed during construction. It has a grey icon on the map. If I right click and go into the build planner, I get the available parts on the left, and normal UI on the right, but the middle is black (not the normal background). If I click a part from the left and try place it in the blackness, the game crashes.

You can see a screenshot here: https://imgur.com/a/taRp04Y

I can reproduce every time with this save, would you like to take a look?

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Re: Crash in plan build on destroyed station

Post by Alan Phipps » Mon, 15. Aug 22, 09:28

Please don't wait to be asked to provide a link to a vanilla save. The devs cannot afford the time to try to recreate obscure issue situations. Thanks.
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

FriendlyLlama
x4

Post by FriendlyLlama » Sun, 12. Feb 23, 00:17

I don't know what you would like to call obscure here. I encountered the same issue today and I would argue that this is not a case of "Oh come on, don't be that stupid, of course this will crash the game!" It is very tempting to (re)use a plot I paid 9M credits for and did not even start to build on. (I only did some planning, then realised I needed more blueprints, and in the meantime the Xenon took this "nothing" down)
Apparently, this has not yet been fixed and it is a bit sad to hear that it will likely never be fixed. It does not destroy the game, sure, I will just wait until the scrap disappears and can pay 9M once more.

chew-ie
x4

Post by chew-ie » Sun, 12. Feb 23, 00:29

That's not the point - a dev needs the scenario as close to the issue as possible, including a detailed description of the steps which lead to the reported problem.

For those not used to work in software projects: this has NOTHING to do with any kind of emotions. It's about prooving the issue as exact as possible. If the dev tries to recrete the situation on his own, there will be variants and worst case would the famous "works for me" feedback of the dev. More so as the reported problem of the OP is very situational ("station gets destroyed during construction").

So tl:dr is what Egosoft summed up in the sticky thread of this board: provide a savegame, a clear description of the issue, steps to reproduce, dxdiag & vulcaninfo. With this package the question-and-answer-game is reduced to a minimum and most if not all time goes into analysing and hopefully solving the problem.

Spoiler
Show
BurnIt: Boron and leaks don't go well together...
Königinnenreich von Boron: Sprich mit deinem Flossenführer
Nila Ti: Folgt mir, ihr Kavalkade von neugierigen Kreaturen!

:idea: Pick your poison seed [for custom gamestarts]
:idea: Feature request: paint jobs on custom starts

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Sun, 12. Feb 23, 10:35

Since this thread is now 6 months old and with no further interest from the OP in providing evidence, the more general discussion that followed can be closed.

@ FriendlyLlama: If you want this investigated then please start a new thread and provide the evidence requested including a link to a vanilla save showing the issue. Thanks.
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

Return to “X4: Foundations - Technical Support”