[#177]Mission reminder soundeffect too loud (updated description)

Ask here if you experience technical problems with X4: Foundations.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

WoodyAut
x4

[#177]Mission reminder soundeffect too loud (updated description)

Post by WoodyAut » Mon, 5. Sep 22, 19:10

Hi,

Might be related to this report viewtopic.php?f=180&t=448572 ("Smugglers paradise" Gamestart - first soundeffects on station are too loud)
Hat Plot - Mission reminders for aquiring Spacesuit bombs are always at full effect volume.
At this save (https://gofile.io/d/kGIBRv) you are in front of the workbench - when you now manufacture a spacebomb - the first mission reminder sound is very loud...from Dal Busta you hear a confirmation - and then you hear again the same sound...but at a volume as it should be.
Screenshot of my audiosettings at https://imgur.com/a/jLPp7tU

edit: Just to clarify this a bit more - in the other mentioned post this soundeffect only appeared once/twice, so there it was not that bad.
But in the HAT Plot, when asked to get the spacesuit bombs - this mission reminder comes up at a lot of other actions (each time when collecting loot and at lots of other situations), until you have the two bombs.
The save is just perfect to demonstrate the bad (loud) behaviour and immdiatly also the desired volume.
In case you don't manufacture the spacebomb und start to fly around you can easily reproduce , how often this disturbing sound comes up at full volume.

Best regards
WoodyAut

WoodyAut
x4

Re: Mission reminder soundeffect too loud (updated description)

Post by WoodyAut » Fri, 9. Sep 22, 19:12

Hi,

This report isn't even worth a bug# with perfect setting about the occuring problem and how it should look like ? :(
It is just not nice if some sounds doesn't take care of the soundsettings and lifting the player out of the chair with 100% sound level when half of the level is considered (and forcing the player to decrease the volume on the amplfier).

Best regards
WoodyAut

CBJ
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by CBJ » Fri, 9. Sep 22, 19:25

This report hasn't been reviewed yet. Please be patient when posting reports, especially non-critical ones, as it can take time for these to be reviewed. :)

WoodyAut
x4

Post by WoodyAut » Fri, 9. Sep 22, 19:31

Hi CBJ,

At least please download the save before it is deleted - it is not really hard to recreate, but it just takes time to create another save like this one :)

Best regards
WoodyAut

jojorne
x4

Re: [#177]Mission reminder soundeffect too loud (updated description)

Post by jojorne » Mon, 12. Sep 22, 03:36

I m using mediafire. They don't seem to remove files by inactivity. I m pretty sure if a dev download the file now to check it later he won't know what the file was for. I had a case where a dev downloaded my save and replied the thread after a year.

Return to “X4: Foundations - Technical Support”