Assiging a supplyship to fleet removes current orders ?

Ask here if you experience technical problems with X4: Foundations.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

WoodyAut
x4

Assiging a supplyship to fleet removes current orders ?

Post by WoodyAut » Fri, 9. Sep 22, 19:28

Hi,

Is this intentional ? When assigning a supply ship to a fleet current orders are deleted ?
Save at https://gofile.io/d/EIpHCd
Supply ship TIY-566 has the order to upgrade at an equiment dock, but when told to supply a fleet (Flotte 2 for example), the upgrade order is immidiatly deleted.
Is this intentionally or a bug ?

Best regards
WoodyAut

Duncaroos
x4

Re: Assiging a supplyship to fleet removes current orders ?

Post by Duncaroos » Fri, 9. Sep 22, 19:49

I've always seen fleet assignments as a change in default behaviour, which normally requires a reset of current orders.

If you want to delay the assignment, pause before you assign the ship(s) to the commander and you can use the order tree to move the assignment at the end. This becomes really annoying if you're dealing with numerous ships at a given time, but unless there becomes a way to quickly indicate if an order should be placed at the top of an order tree or at the bottom, kind of stuck with this method.
Playing X4+All_DLC 6.20 Build - on:
CPU: Ryzen 5 5600X; RAM: 4x8GB DDR4 3200MHz; GPU: GTX 1070 8GB, Driver v516.94, DirectX 12.0; OS: Win10 Home 22H2 (19045.3086); Monitor: Single Acer S232HL 1920x1080

Duncaroo's Station Storage Estimator

Ketraar
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by Ketraar » Fri, 9. Sep 22, 20:16

This is how assignments work so its WAI.

You should be able to just give any order AFTER the assignment, where the ship then returns to it once the order is complete. Not sure why there would be a need to do convoluted pausing games tbh unless I'm missing something.

MFG

Ketraar

Duncaroos
x4

Post by Duncaroos » Fri, 9. Sep 22, 20:31

If destroyers are attacking a station and you say add them as attack subordinates to a fleet that's coming to reinforce them, then their attack order will reset and may lead you into a pickle.

Only way I found to keep the current orders when assigning/reassigning to a fleet is to pause, assign to fleet, then move "Assign to New Commander" below orders I want that ship to complete first. If there's a bunch of orders there that you want to complete but don't remember 100% what those orders are, that's a lot of re-ordering that has to be done; this is compounded if you have many ships with existing orders being assigned to a fleet; I believe this is OPs issue/concern.
Playing X4+All_DLC 6.20 Build - on:
CPU: Ryzen 5 5600X; RAM: 4x8GB DDR4 3200MHz; GPU: GTX 1070 8GB, Driver v516.94, DirectX 12.0; OS: Win10 Home 22H2 (19045.3086); Monitor: Single Acer S232HL 1920x1080

Duncaroo's Station Storage Estimator

WoodyAut
x4

Re: Assiging a supplyship to fleet removes current orders ? (should be "commands")

Post by WoodyAut » Sat, 10. Sep 22, 09:55

Hi,

Sorry...mixed up again "command" and "order" in my post...but the basic question should be clear in the context.
However....i was just wondering why the COMMAND to upgrade the ship was deleted - i would expect something like the next command in the queue for the ship would be "Assign to new commander" (which happens i think when you are temporary piloting a ship of a fleet by yourself), to assign the ship to the fleet, so current existing commands would first processed and after this the ships joins the fleet (ORDERS in this case, which kind of never ends, of course should be deleted).

Best regards
WoodyAut

Return to “X4: Foundations - Technical Support”