[#1641]5.10 High Attention L Miner Doesn't Mine

Ask here if you experience technical problems with X4: Foundations.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

LameFox
x4

[#1641]5.10 High Attention L Miner Doesn't Mine

Post by LameFox » Tue, 13. Sep 22, 10:52

It seems L miners in high attention sometimes wander into a position such that their mining turrets aren't mining, and they're not aware of it. They just sit there, and sit there, wasting time and not mining anything.

I had this happen in a modded game where I decided to ride along with my first L mining ship while I managed other things remotely. It mined one cargo hold worth of ore successfully then sold it, and next time it parked in an asteroid field and did nothing at all for a long time (it's still doing it and I'll probably have to manually make it move). Set up this vanilla (creative) custom start to test it and it happened almost immediately once some probes were deployed: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1EE9trs ... sp=sharing
***modified***

LameFox
x4

Re: 5.10 High Attention L Miner Doesn't Mine

Post by LameFox » Sun, 31. Dec 23, 05:50

This is still an issue in 6.2

Here the only minerals this miner collected were from an asteroid it accidentally ran over. Now it just sits here motionless, not using its L mining turret: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1E0IQCO ... sp=sharing

For testing purposes it has my best pilot in the current game, a 4 star captain. This made no difference. As far as I can tell L mineral miners outright don't work in high attention anymore, they can't actually mine.
***modified***

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Re: 5.10 High Attention L Miner Doesn't Mine

Post by Alan Phipps » Sun, 31. Dec 23, 12:40

Loaded the recent save and I can confirm that the L miner you are in as passenger does not mine available and in-range ore asteroids with the NPC reserve captain in control, but does start mining as soon as the player takes control.
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

Return to “X4: Foundations - Technical Support”