[Bug Report - 5.10] Upgrading multiple ships at non-Terran facilities - WAI

Ask here if you experience technical problems with X4: Foundations.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

saviornt05

[Bug Report - 5.10] Upgrading multiple ships at non-Terran facilities - WAI

Post by saviornt05 » Wed, 14. Sep 22, 02:40

When you have multiple ships equipped with Terran engines and you want to upgrade multiple ships at once, the interface will automatically attempt to sell the Terran engines which causes it to show that the currently edited ships are missing mandatory upgrades. However, each ship can be selected individually and upgraded that way without the system trying to sell my engines.

A screenshot is included for your viewing pleasure:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1KIr6Sz ... sp=sharing

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Re: [Bug Report - 5.10] Upgrading multiple ships at non-Terran facilities

Post by Alan Phipps » Wed, 14. Sep 22, 10:16

That screenshot link requires you to register or open an account. Also could you please link a vanilla save where the issue is evident to save the devs the time it would take to recreate the scenario for investigation. Thanks.
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

Imperial Good
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Imperial Good » Thu, 15. Sep 22, 05:11

As far as I am aware this feature is working as intended.

The problem is that the place you are trying to upgrade the ships at does not have the required terran engine available for purchase. As such it cannot keep the ships current engine as it cannot select that as part of the loadout to cover the case that one or more of the ships has a different engine that needs to be replaced.

Either use racially consistent loadouts that are fully available from a single place or buy the blueprints and use your own facilities to modify the ships.

Ideally it would be nice if the bulk modify functionality allowed you to explicitly retain current loadout for specified slots. Like a virtual option "no change" that can be selected for various equipment slots. However, this is likely non-trivial to implement and the feature already covers most use cases well or better.

saviornt05

Post by saviornt05 » Fri, 16. Sep 22, 07:16

The issue is that you can upgrade each individual ship without a problem. There is only an issue when you select the "mass upgrade" option. I can't imagine that it is intended that you need to upgrade upwards of 100+ ships one at a time.

The less painful option that I've been doing is doing a mass outfitting of weapons, consumables and software upgrades, then going to different faction stations for individual shields and engines. Less clicking :evil:
Alan Phipps wrote:
Wed, 14. Sep 22, 10:16
That screenshot link requires you to register or open an account. Also could you please link a vanilla save where the issue is evident to save the devs the time it would take to recreate the scenario for investigation. Thanks.
I would save it to my Google Drive, so you would have the same problems with needing to register for a Google account.

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Fri, 16. Sep 22, 10:32

You can get also get an open link for public sharing from Google Drive that does not require registration and which is what most posters here do. The choice is yours as to the access you give.
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

saviornt05

Post by saviornt05 » Sat, 17. Sep 22, 02:18

Alan Phipps wrote:
Fri, 16. Sep 22, 10:32
You can get also get an open link for public sharing from Google Drive that does not require registration and which is what most posters here do. The choice is yours as to the access you give.
Derp, my apologies! (Changed the access, thought I had done that)

Ketraar
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by Ketraar » Tue, 20. Sep 22, 17:21

This is working as intended for now.

MFG

Ketraar

Return to “X4: Foundations - Technical Support”