Mimiced Miner does not want to work (Red icon) - explained

Ask here if you experience technical problems with X4: Foundations.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

WoodyAut
x4

Mimiced Miner does not want to work (Red icon) - explained

Post by WoodyAut » Wed, 14. Sep 22, 17:54

Hi,

Please don't wonder about the S-Miners - these are just for grinding reputation.
However - i set up trade station at Tharkas Ravine XVI, assigned one miner (+a bunch mimic miners) to collect Silizium for the trading station...works well, just two of the mimic miners stay idle.
I had this already before with two miners, which stayed idle, after upgrading the pilot skills and readding to the mimic role the guys started to work again.
I am just wondering why this happens....and never saw a red icon there before.
Screenshot at https://imgur.com/a/N4WDFcO
Save at https://gofile.io/d/7jKpcS

Best regards
WoodyAut

Duncaroos
x4

Re: Mimiced Miner does not want to work (Red icon)

Post by Duncaroos » Thu, 15. Sep 22, 03:16

Station subordinates have a special feature where the pilot's overall skill (piloting+morale) is ignored when doing auto trading and auto mining. So although their behaviour is such, they don't need to meet the skill requirement.

If you put a ship as a subordinate to the station subordinate under Mimic, this ship's pilot needs their overall skill to meet the requirement of the behaviour for them to perform the mimiced task.

To fix either improve the pilot's overall skill to allow them to perform this behaviour, or replace the captain with a more capable one, or have them assigned directly to the station.
Playing X4+All_DLC 6.20 Build - on:
CPU: Ryzen 5 5600X; RAM: 4x8GB DDR4 3200MHz; GPU: GTX 1070 8GB, Driver v516.94, DirectX 12.0; OS: Win10 Home 22H2 (19045.3086); Monitor: Single Acer S232HL 1920x1080

Duncaroo's Station Storage Estimator

Ketraar
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Re: Mimiced Miner does not want to work (Red icon) - explained

Post by Ketraar » Tue, 20. Sep 22, 12:50

As mentioned above mimic command will have to follow the requirements of the action.

Would be interesting to know why you wanted to set up mimic to a subordinate. Seems like just adding ships to the station would be much more beneficial and also have less restrictions.

MFG

Ketraar

WoodyAut
x4

Post by WoodyAut » Tue, 20. Sep 22, 14:17

Hi Ketraar,

I did this for two reasons:
1st one - saving mouseclicks - it is easier to move the mining fleet from one station to another (no need to select all ships) or to switch to local mining in a sector.
2nd reason: it is possible to add a supportship for automatic repairs in case of survived attacks from khaak/xenon

And for bonus - when the leader is set to trade it is possible to sell and empty all ships storage space to get rid of unwanted minerals - or to get at least a load of minerals sold in sectors without ore/silicon/ice available in the sector - and then switch back again to local mining.

The miners with red icon were later bought and added to this mimic fleet mining for the station - maybe i should start another "education-fleet" to get them at at least to 1*.

Best regards
WoodyAut

Ketraar
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by Ketraar » Tue, 20. Sep 22, 14:43

1 - I'm note this is accurate, selecting all and RMB on station to mine for commander seem a lot less clicks then needing to go to behaviours, change it and then you still have to assign to a commander. Maybe to move them once set up you save a few clicks but even then, you would need to moved them quite a few times because all you save is on the ship selection I guess. You still have to assign them. Anyway, seems odd to me, but sure.

2 - right, the auto repair sounds interesting.

"Bonus" - again the switching back and forth can save some clicks, if you want to micro manage this detailed, thought I'm struggling to see when this would be required, but sure.

MFG

Ketraar

WoodyAut
x4

Post by WoodyAut » Tue, 20. Sep 22, 15:05

Hi Ketraar,

Without the mimic-fleet there is no autorepair possibility.
Especially the Bonus to empty all ships storage by only setting the leader to trading is sometimes really a nice feature when starting to mine something else....for example Nividium....since a "mark multiple ships and eject all cargo into space" function does not exist this is a workaround, where i only have to give the command to one ship - and all others follow.
I really don't want to clean up all ships cargo space manually (did this in the past - was quite boring clicking action until i found this workaround).....so the bonus is even one of the best functions :)

Best regards
WoodyAut

Raptor34
x4

Post by Raptor34 » Tue, 20. Sep 22, 16:52

Ketraar wrote:
Tue, 20. Sep 22, 14:43
I thought it doesn't matter because I could just throw an aux ship in the station's sector and as the ships transition through they just auto repair? Same for if they are mining in another sector, just throw an aux there.

j.harshaw
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT

Post by j.harshaw » Tue, 20. Sep 22, 16:54

Raptor34 wrote:
Tue, 20. Sep 22, 16:52
Ketraar wrote:
Tue, 20. Sep 22, 14:43
I thought it doesn't matter because I could just throw an aux ship in the station's sector and as the ships transition through they just auto repair? Same for if they are mining in another sector, just throw an aux there.
Correct

WoodyAut
x4

Post by WoodyAut » Tue, 20. Sep 22, 17:42

Hi,

Pro to the fleet assigned supply-ship - you can place it anywhere in a safe sector even on the other side of the universe and the ships still fly there for repair :)

But i guess i should stop now :)

Best regards
WoodyAut

ubuntufreakdragon
x4

Post by ubuntufreakdragon » Thu, 22. Sep 22, 14:07

There is a more important point to mimic a subordinate, Stations have a limit for direct subordinates, mimic doesn't.
My X3 Mods

XRebirth, things left to patch:
In General; On Firing NPC's; In De Vries; Out Of Zone; And the Antiwishlist

Return to “X4: Foundations - Technical Support”