5.10 BUG: Guidance artefact.

Ask here if you experience technical problems with X4: Foundations.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Omni-Orb
x4

5.10 BUG: Guidance artefact.

Post by Omni-Orb » Thu, 15. Sep 22, 16:15

Version 5.10. English. Windows 11.
Unmodified.
Game start: The Accomplished Scientist
The yellow guidance line disappears and is replaced with what can be described as artefacts of massive yellow oddly shaped geometry that go off screen and are seemingly infinite in some directions and sizes.
This has happened 3 times before for me and I don't think it's my system because it is stable in other games and in X4.
If you check the map around the ship that we fly in and move the camera around in angles and distance you notice the yellow artefact.
I had that before a few times however didn't report it, Wich I should have. It can also show as hexagons that make logical patterns on the sector map with red hexagons, not this time though.
It usually moves or changes depending on where on the map the focus is and what the angles are. It is very much the same glitch because it is pretty much the same thing all the 3 times it happened.
I can't replicate the glitch. I think all 3 times it appears I tried guidance on long distances across over half the map.
This never happened on my old computer, so the most relevant change was the whole computer.
Here is a save: https://easyupload.io/hd1j3c
I didn't read the technical support request post until now so I didn't know I should take screenshots, I will next time I make support threads since I do make a few.

Here is the DXdiag since it couldnt fit into the character limit of the post: https://easyupload.io/44ka66
Last edited by Omni-Orb on Thu, 15. Sep 22, 18:20, edited 1 time in total.
Credence follow stars.

Omni-Orb
x4

Re: Something wrong with guidance on the map.

Post by Omni-Orb » Thu, 15. Sep 22, 17:24

I can add that this only happened for me after 5.10 and has happened 3 times in around some hundred hours gameplay
I reloaded the game a few times and it was still there. Same exact place same exact "artefact". When i restarted my pc it went away (Maybe because i quit the game, im not sure)
I can give my system specs if it helps.
Credence follow stars.

CBJ
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Re: Something wrong with guidance on the map.

Post by CBJ » Thu, 15. Sep 22, 17:34

PhotonPulse wrote:
Thu, 15. Sep 22, 17:24
I can give my system specs if it helps.
Please don't wait to be asked for these when posting about a problem. The sticky thread at the top of the forum asks everyone to provide them, and for good reason. :)

Omni-Orb
x4

Re: 5.10 BUG: Guidance artefact.

Post by Omni-Orb » Thu, 15. Sep 22, 18:21

I fixed the first post now, thank you for correcting me.
Credence follow stars.

dtpsprt
x4

Re: 5.10 BUG: Guidance artefact.

Post by dtpsprt » Thu, 15. Sep 22, 22:18

I'm afraid it's not something that can be replicated. It used to happen to me some time ago (2 NVidia drivers back on a GTX1060Ti) and the moment I'd exit X4 and open it again everything was normal for some 1h or so...

Return to “X4: Foundations - Technical Support”