5.10 Manticore behavior or station AI

Ask here if you experience technical problems with X4: Foundations.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

mike2k4u
x4

5.10 Manticore behavior or station AI

Post by mike2k4u » Sat, 5. Nov 22, 20:58

Hi

built a shipyard
have plenty wars between factions
my Shipyards gets an order and i have plenty of wrecks around my shipyard (sort of recycle loop also you can see NPC's fighting to the right of Shipyard - the Mantocores Will ignore the wrecks and will go to the next screenshot location)

then built scrap yard near it and assigned 20 Manticores to it
10-20 min passing no wrecks is being collected near my shipyard the manticore prefer to go to Khak station to salvage a fighter instead of salvage by teuta or a frigate wreck in the same system
when cancel collection to the Manticore the AI still sends the same manticore to the same wreck

Imperial Good
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Re: 5.10 Manticore behavior or station AI

Post by Imperial Good » Sat, 5. Nov 22, 23:03

Likely goes by some sort of internal ordering for performance? Since that does not make sense for going by distance.

I suggest destroying the KHK outpost. This will let them salvage the wrecks there and then they will go seek out other ones.

If the KHK Outpost is in another sector from the station you can activity blacklist that sector (applied to station) preventing salvage from being obtained from it.

Otherwise if you are sure this is a bug you will need to provide a not modified save file where the issue can be observed. The developers can then use this as a test case to solve the issue.

mike2k4u
x4

Post by mike2k4u » Sat, 5. Nov 22, 23:46

i destroyed 2 khak Outposts in Antigone memorial
the screenshot i attached is from another Khak outpost in Argon prime
i dont want to blacklist a sector for a trading station it has way way more wrecks in its location then 10 or 20 logically it should choose closes and not obsessing over 1 wreck and killing over 40 Manticores over a fighter wreck...
i think its is a bug due to them ignoring the station location wrecks totally and for some reason goin only for the wrecks near hostile station not sure why

here is the save file:
https://mega.nz/file/DjwnFajZ#MYva22u4X ... QXtxlZNJAc

please note: playing this save for very long time (from the release of the game)

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Sun, 6. Nov 22, 10:04

Heh, the Manticores probably now find the Kha'ak installation even more attractive because of the over 40 Manticore wrecks there. :D

Seriously though, this exact problem has been reported before and may have been initiated because some scrap locations seem to defy fog-of-war concealment - See: here and here.
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

Return to “X4: Foundations - Technical Support”