No game interactions in 'Seem Valuable' escape from the pen mission in Split Plot.

Ask here if you experience technical problems with X4: Foundations.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

SilverKnight

No game interactions in 'Seem Valuable' escape from the pen mission in Split Plot.

Post by SilverKnight » Mon, 28. Nov 22, 18:03

Hi All,

Having some issues and hoping that someone can help. I've done a lot of searching for this problem, but it seems like I'm the only one at the moment.
I've tried the trick that some people that have said fixed the issue using the "F2 & F1" and the "Save & Reload". None of these worked from me.
I've uninstalled and reinstalled the graphics drivers. Checking the Vulkan driver across with the chip set and updating them.
The issue still will not fix. I used to run X4 on a PC running window 10, Ryzen 5, Geforce GTX 1080 Ti with DDR4 16GB RAM and the game runs smoothly.
The system I'm trying to run it on is below. I've also included a Debug code from the game.

I'm running X4 5.10 and the game isn't modified. The game runs as normal but then once into the game i can no longer interact.

Any help would be appreciated

Operating System: Windows 11 Home 64-bit (10.0, Build 22621)
Language: English (Regional Setting: English)
System Model: HP Pavilion Gaming Laptop
BIOS: F.25 (type: UEFI)
Processor: AMD Ryzen 7 4800H with Radeon Graphics (16 CPUs), ~2.9GHz
Memory: 16384MB RAM
Available OS Memory: 15732MB RAM
Page File: 9619MB used, 25568MB available
Windows Dir: C:\WINDOWS
DirectX Version: DirectX 12
DX Setup Parameters: Not found
User DPI Setting: 120 DPI (125 percent)
System DPI Setting: 120 DPI (125 percent)
DWM DPI Scaling: UnKnown
Miracast: Available, with HDCP
Microsoft Graphics Hybrid: Supported
DirectX Database Version: 1.4.3
DxDiag Version: 10.00.22621.0001 64bit Unicode

Logfile started, time Mon Nov 28 15:59:26 2022
[General] 0.00 'NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1660 Ti with Max-Q Design' NVIDIA-driver v526.98.0 (Vulkan 1.3.224) check=1
[General] 0.00 'AMD Radeon(TM) Graphics' AMD-driver v2.0.233 (Vulkan 1.3.217) check=1
[Init ] 0.00 Entering startmenu in 5.10 (479084)
[Init ] 0.00 Starting new game using gamestart 'x4ep1_gamestart_pirate2' in 5.10 (479084)
[General] 233.21 ======================================
[=ERROR=] 233.21 Error in MD cue md.GS_Pirate2.Ch2_PickupCrate: Signalled cue md.GS_Pirate2.Ch2_AirlockSwitch_Objective has no corresponding listeners
* Expression: Ch2_AirlockSwitch_Objective
* Action: <signal_cue>, line 1021
[General] 233.21 ======================================
Last edited by Alan Phipps on Mon, 28. Nov 22, 23:23, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Added info to title.

CBJ
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Re: No game interactions

Post by CBJ » Mon, 28. Nov 22, 18:06

Unfortunately you've only provided a few lines of your DXDiag. The full version is considerably longer, and we also need your vulkaninfo, as requested at in the sticky thread at the top of the forum. Please also perform a file verification using the Steam or GOG client, to make sure your game installation isn't broken.

Rei Ayanami
x4

Post by Rei Ayanami » Mon, 28. Nov 22, 18:48

What do you mean you can no longer interact?
Does clicking on things (terminals, cockpit seat, NPCs) not work, aka interacting with in-world entities?
Or do controls not work at all (can't move, cant rotate view with mouse, clicking on menu buttons does not work, etc)?

Some ideas. They are wild guesses, but maybe they'll help :
- Change display mode to something different (windowed, fullscreen borderless, fullscreen), perhaps Windows screws up which screen/window is supposed to have input priority
- Check your control settings in the options menu, do you have controls bound properly?
- If you are playing with Controller, or have a controller plugged in while playing with Keyboard/mouse, perhaps play around with the Settings->Controls->GamepadMode.
- In the settings menu, click "Restore all settings to default". This will reset all your controls, graphic settings, etc. Perhaps your configuration got somehow screwed up.
- From your log I can see you have started the "GameStart Pirate 2" and there is an error. Usually that shouldnt prevent controls, but who knows... Just for testing, try another game start for a moment.

SilverKnight

Post by SilverKnight » Mon, 28. Nov 22, 20:05

CBJ wrote:
Mon, 28. Nov 22, 18:06
Unfortunately you've only provided a few lines of your DXDiag. The full version is considerably longer, and we also need your vulkaninfo, as requested at in the sticky thread at the top of the forum. Please also perform a file verification using the Steam or GOG client, to make sure your game installation isn't broken.
You'll find the files on this link https://1drv.ms/u/s!Aq0FerfwqIlhpXcAJfG ... 8?e=TIhZBb. I've done the Steam verification and I've uninstalled and reinstalled the game.

SilverKnight

Post by SilverKnight » Mon, 28. Nov 22, 20:16

The No interaction show up on my old saves and a new game.
I've changed every setting as thinking the cloud has uploaded my settings from my gaming PC.
I can walk around the ship I'm on so if you done the pirate 2 playthrough. after you escape from the prison and enter the bigger ship to start the smuggling mission that's when the game becomes unplayable. I cannot use terminals, cockpit seat or speck to the NPCs. I tried a new game on my gaming PC and works fine with no Errors showing and can play X4 but once I try the game on the windows 11 OS everything goes wrong. I must be missing something just don't know what I am missing.
Rei Ayanami wrote:
Mon, 28. Nov 22, 18:48
What do you mean you can no longer interact?
Does clicking on things (terminals, cockpit seat, NPCs) not work, aka interacting with in-world entities?
Or do controls not work at all (can't move, cant rotate view with mouse, clicking on menu buttons does not work, etc)?

Some ideas. They are wild guesses, but maybe they'll help :
- Change display mode to something different (windowed, fullscreen borderless, fullscreen), perhaps Windows screws up which screen/window is supposed to have input priority
- Check your control settings in the options menu, do you have controls bound properly?
- If you are playing with Controller, or have a controller plugged in while playing with Keyboard/mouse, perhaps play around with the Settings->Controls->GamepadMode.
- In the settings menu, click "Restore all settings to default". This will reset all your controls, graphic settings, etc. Perhaps your configuration got somehow screwed up.
- From your log I can see you have started the "GameStart Pirate 2" and there is an error. Usually that shouldnt prevent controls, but who knows... Just for testing, try another game start for a moment.

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Re: No game interactions in 'Seem Valuable' escape from the pen mission in Split Plot.

Post by Alan Phipps » Mon, 28. Nov 22, 22:56

Ah, that's not a general issue, that's a problem with that particular plot mission chain. See here and here as examples (it can happen later on in that mission chain too but save and reload *usually* fixes things). I can assure you that the devs are on the case but feel free to offer a link to a vanilla save showing the issue (if possible) to let the devs check that they have found and fixed your case too.

I have added some info to the thread title.
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

SilverKnight

Re: No game interactions in 'Seem Valuable' escape from the pen mission in Split Plot.

Post by SilverKnight » Tue, 29. Nov 22, 04:07

Just to remention Save and Reload doesn't work. i can transfer my saves to my old system and they work the issue seems to be with OS 11. All my game save are affected from as save thats over 2 years old to a save that is new. I've tried differnt game modes starting form the first released, down to the latest release so its not that game mode.
This linkhttps://1drv.ms/u/s!Aq0FerfwqIlhpXcAJfG ... 8?e=TIhZBb now contains a video of what is going on plus the Debug file from the game run.
You'll see the game stops first with the cockpit chair on the young gun but then the game goes strange as I've changed the saved file.
Alan Phipps wrote:
Mon, 28. Nov 22, 22:56
Ah, that's not a general issue, that's a problem with that particular plot mission chain. See here and here as examples (it can happen later on in that mission chain too but save and reload *usually* fixes things). I can assure you that the devs are on the case but feel free to offer a link to a vanilla save showing the issue (if possible) to let the devs check that they have found and fixed your case too.

I have added some info to the thread title.
Last edited by Alan Phipps on Tue, 29. Nov 22, 10:19, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Link repaired.

SilverKnight

Post by SilverKnight » Sun, 7. May 23, 17:20

Hi,

I've posted into the same folder some of my save games that are suffering with no interaction. The NPC interaction has seems to be fixed with the new DLC but I still can't access the ability to fly a ship or once I'm on the ship using the lift control panel.

https://1drv.ms/f/s!Aq0FerfwqIlhpXdi2Lu ... 4?e=whuvRI

Last bumped by SilverKnight on Sun, 7. May 23, 17:20.

Return to “X4: Foundations - Technical Support”